Why did you start?

F

Firona

I can remember being very young, about 5 actually, and watching my dad spin a pair of nunchaku around. I would wince every time he crossed them between his legs but still I was entranced by the whole thing. I asked him what he was doing one time when he was kicking outside (I believe he was angry at the garage) and he told me it was martial arts. Since then I have absorbed all the information I could on the martial arts. Learning from my father and uncles, watching kung fu movies (including the movie 'Kung Fu', grasshopper) I used to read all the magazines at the book stores when I had the time too. Eventually I developed the reputation of the hand-to-hand knight. All of my friend know that I am a martial artist and that my only goal through martial arts is to protect the people I love. So, i was wondering why all of you took up the martial arts to begin with. I haven't seen a thread like this yet and I am truly interested.

Rob Broad

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We already have this thread more than once. Take some time and go through the netire site and you will see this thread a few times under different names.

OP
F

Firona

yeah I assumed as much, it's just a reeeaaally big site hehe.

Latest Discussions