Proud papa, student did well

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have one student who I teach White Crane kung fu, and he competed last Saturday at the annual Chinese Martial Arts tournament held at UC Berkely. It's a huge event with around 500 - 600 competitors competing in Traditional and Modern divisions, weaponry, empty hand, internal, etc. divisions. My student competed in the Traditional Southern Style kung fu intermediate division for adults, and won first place with his White Crane empty hand set. This is his first competition.

Just thought I'd share with you all.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have one student who I teach White Crane kung fu, and he competed last Saturday at the annual Chinese Martial Arts tournament held at UC Berkely. It's a huge event with around 500 - 600 competitors competing in Traditional and Modern divisions, weaponry, empty hand, internal, etc. divisions. My student competed in the Traditional Southern Style kung fu intermediate division for adults, and won first place with his White Crane empty hand set. This is his first competition.

Congratulations!

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Nice... I've got a couple of little girls (8-10 years old including one of my step-daughters that's a competitive gymnist) that want to start going to tournaments. I think we're going to do that. I'll let you know how that goes, but unfortunately, there's not many CMA tournies out this way or even within moderate distance with the economy as it is. They may be the odd ones out. Wonder how a sow choy will go over in that setting??

Latest Discussions