Who's the best martial artist in acting right now?

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score
I would say Tony Yaa. Started Muay Thai at the local temple when he was 10, picked up to be a stunt man at 15. Did that for years before he had an acting job and he's not bad. Not great but decent actor.

Kenpoguy123

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I've started seeing a lot of donnie yen and this is a favourite fight of mine very realistic and shows a mix of techniques

Also he may not be doing anything anymore but Philip Rhee the guy who played tommy lee in the best of the best movies I reckon he could've done a lot more he's very good in those films he has amazing kicks. But to be fair his co star was Eric Roberts so I'm sure anyone would look amazing next to him lol kidding but yeah I'm a big fan of Rhee

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
May as well do a shout out tho Richard Norton. Who has been the bad guy in almost every martial arts movie ever made.

images

Richard Norton - IMDb

And the dude is still going.

SenseiHitman

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Well I don't pay attention to modern movies or actors but my vote for all time best goes to Sony Chiba.

Midnight-shadow

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm going to go with Tony Jaa, although Donnie Yen is a close second. Both Artists show incredible skill in their work and are very entertaining to watch.

JP3

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not an actor, but I play one on YouTube.

I agree that Jackie might just be more nasty than people give him credit for since he's always smiling and goofy. Hilarious guy... broad and varied skillset I think.

My personal favorite is still Hong Kong Phooey.

OP
K

kehcorpz

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Have you seen Ip Man 3 where Donnie Yen fights against Mike Tyson?

Do you think that in a real fight Yen had a chance against Tyson? Or would Tyson basically only have to hit him once
and then Yen's lying in the next corner being unconscious? I'd really like to see them in a real fight.