Who would you ask?

Paul B

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OK, just for fun. Anyone can throw out random names...so,what question(s) would you ask your chosen artist?

Personally:

Ueshiba..."Can I be your Uke?":whip:

Yagyu Munenori ...."What the hell does "Satsujinken" really mean?":samurai:

Sokaku Takeda....."OK,what was Hapkido's Choi,Yong Sool relationship to you, exactly and in great detail?":deadhorse

And their off......

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Paul B said:
OK, just for fun. Anyone can throw out random names...so,what question(s) would you ask your chosen artist?

Personally:

Ueshiba..."Can I be your Uke?":whip:

Yagyu Munenori ...."What the hell does "Satsujinken" really mean?":samurai:

Sokaku Takeda....."OK,what was Hapkido's Choi,Yong Sool relationship to you, exactly and in great detail?":deadhorse

And their off......
lol
Remy Presas
"Can I be your uke" sorry had to steal that one
Gichen Funikoshi
"What are your applications to your katas, show me"
Mas Oyama
"Would you kill this brama bull for me, and then if you are successfull show me how you did it"
I hope others take you up on this

Aegis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
bignick said:
i see some votes for musashi...he was a great swordsman as history attests...but i don't see him as being a great teacher...you don't see a musashi ryu around...what is left are his theories on conflict in general...it is my feeling that what he accomplished was done through natural talent and lots of hard work....the best martial artists aren't always the best teachers
I imagine the students of Niten Ichi Ryu might have a thing or two to say about that one ;)

As for my 3:

Jigoro Kano - No specific question really, I'd just like to see what Judo was really like when it first came about

Musashi - Same thing really

The founder of my style of jujutsu, largely just to find out where all the influences for it actually came from, as this is something of a cloudy issue.

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
kyuzo mifune - "Want to randori?" (as the stories go, mifune was never thrown for a point in his entire judo career)
ueshiba - "how the hell did you do that?"
kano - "thoughts on the state of judo today?"

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jay Bell said:
There are *two* schools from Miyamoto Musashi -- Musashi ryu Taijutsu and Niten Ichi ryu Kenjutsu..
i stand corrected...forgive the ignorance

but i still believe that my original statements holds true that great martial artists don't mean great teachers

if someone can do something naturally with little effort they may have trouble explaining it compared to someone that had to put a lot of work and analysis into the movements to be able to perform them

Jay Bell

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No worries at all. I think you're right on the money...it'd be interesting (if possible) to read accounts of Musashi's teaching..

H

Hanzo04

they have to be dead? i guess i didn't read the question right. then i would also ask miyamato musashi and won shu leung.

P.S. dan inosanto is still alive and Hee Il Cho is world famous tkd grandmaster and the former coach of the korean national team.

Latest Discussions