Who will have the best Tae Kwon Do coverage for the Olympics

dcsma

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Just wondering what medium will have the best Tae Kwon Do coverage for the London, England 2012 Olympic Games?? And from that medium what source you use??

ralphmcpherson

Senior Master
Reaction score
Awesome, was it hard to get tickets Andy? Any particular fighter you will be barracking for? Im hoping Aaron Cook does well, I like the way he fights.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Being there live! :-D

I can't wait!

Andy "25 minutes train journey north of London" Jeffries

Lucky you!! I've been seconded for six weeks over the Olympics to work with the Border Agency so it's Luton airport or Hull Docks for me lol! Probably the latter lol!

I will be trying not to watch the BBC coverage though it sucks in all the sports, it will be Eurosport if I can watch it.

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
Awesome, was it hard to get tickets Andy?

I would say I was lucky rather than it was hard. You put in for the tickets you want, they pull out winners like a lottery.

I got the morning of Aaron Cook's day (so I'll get to see all the fighters in his division fight) which is also the same day Sarah Stevenson fights. You only get 1/3 of a day for your ticket. Then one of my juniors got tickets for another session and he's given me one. Hoping to get some more on eBay/outside the ExCeL arena on the days.

Any particular fighter you will be barracking for? Im hoping Aaron Cook does well, I like the way he fights.

Aaron and Sarah, Jade Jones from GB. Mark Lopez, Son Tae-Jin, Tazegul from other countries.

I'm going to watch the Europeans in 2 weeks too with my son (and hopefully meet up with RobinTKD at some point as well), so hopefully I'll find some other fighters I like there to watch out for. If I get any decent pics, I'll post a gallery link here...

Can't wait!!!

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
Lucky you!! I've been seconded for six weeks over the Olympics to work with the Border Agency so it's Luton airport or Hull Docks for me lol! Probably the latter lol!

If you're in Luton, give me a shout and I'll try to pop across to say hello/grab a bite to eat!

I will be trying not to watch the BBC coverage though it sucks in all the sports, it will be Eurosport if I can watch it.

I wonder if Sky Sports will have any? They've covered other Taekwondo recently (British Open, etc).

http://www1.skysports.com/olympics/taekwondo/

ralphmcpherson

Senior Master
Reaction score
I would say I was lucky rather than it was hard. You put in for the tickets you want, they pull out winners like a lottery.

I got the morning of Aaron Cook's day (so I'll get to see all the fighters in his division fight) which is also the same day Sarah Stevenson fights. You only get 1/3 of a day for your ticket. Then one of my juniors got tickets for another session and he's given me one. Hoping to get some more on eBay/outside the ExCeL arena on the days.

Aaron and Sarah, Jade Jones from GB. Mark Lopez, Son Tae-Jin, Tazegul from other countries.

I'm going to watch the Europeans in 2 weeks too with my son (and hopefully meet up with RobinTKD at some point as well), so hopefully I'll find some other fighters I like there to watch out for. If I get any decent pics, I'll post a gallery link here...

Can't wait!!!
Cheers, definetly post some pics if you can.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're in Luton, give me a shout and I'll try to pop across to say hello/grab a bite to eat!

I wonder if Sky Sports will have any? They've covered other Taekwondo recently (British Open, etc).

http://www1.skysports.com/olympics/taekwondo/

Certainly will give you a shout! Sky and Eurosport seem to have a huge selection of sports on anyway so fingers crossed for good Olympic coverage of everything. My other half loves all the cricket coverage on Sky.

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Mark Lopez did not make it. The US team is Steven Lopez, TJ Jennings, Diane Lopez and Paige McPherson.

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
Mark Lopez did not make it. The US team is Steven Lopez, TJ Jennings, Diane Lopez and Paige McPherson.

This is a good point. Damn, I'd forgotten about that! I am looking forward to seeing TJ fight though (after asking who a player was in a SobreTaekwondo youtube video and being told on here it was him, I've since seen more of his highlights and he's an exciting, quick player).

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boy sad to say since coverage started the people pushing pots down the ice swishing with brooms has gotten better network coverage than TKD Olympics. I would seem USAT will have some type of streaming but possibly not live only delayed or the Olympic web site as suggested. I am sure later we may find social media posts

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score