Which kick generates the most power?

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Thai roundhouse to either the leg ,the ribs, the neck or the head...Mines fast strong and I roll my shin on impact just to do that little bit more damage.....muay thai bread and butter.

jgrimm01

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
bobster_ice said:
For me the best kick has to be the front thrust kick, it is one of my favourates when sparring.

I'd have to join that club too...easy to take the wind out of an opponents sails with a hard well-placed front thrust kick...

J

Ross

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Some interesting points here. However, if you are talking about which is technically the most powerful kick it is either the front thrust kick or rear/back kick. This is due to the alignment of your hips ensuring that, if executed correctly, the whole of your body weight will strike with the kick.

While the Roundhouse or spinning hook kicks etc are potentially more destructive they rely on speed of the spin, speed of the leg/foot and weight of the leg. However, because they are traditionally used against a target higher up the body which are more vulnerable (ie the head) they can be more devastating in their application.

Brandon Fisher

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
spinning back kicks rely on the thrust also just like the front, side, and back thrust kicks. The Spinning hook kick does rely on a lot of speed and snap on the hook.

Tony

Black Belt
Reaction score
I know I coudl do a low side kick really well but my roundhouse kicks are pretty good! I think though everyone has a favourite kick.

Latest Discussions