Where is GM Cal Carrozzi?

SKKnidan

White Belt
Reaction score
That's interesting, I followed the link at Masters Centers website to the Wakefield school. An 8th dan co-leading a small chain and teaching Karate for Kids with a maximum of 15 students per class, I bet he can't wait to go to work every day. I'm truly envious.

Though I was only at that school for a year, it was the perfect introduction to the MA. He's very skilled, as were a few of his instructors (Phil Hardcastle(?), Piero). I remember the day I signed up he had a copy of Grey's Anatomy on his desk, at the time I thought that was kind of weird. I have a pretty tattered copy myself that I keep with my notebook. Both of my younger brothers went to brown with him, and loved it.

I studied at the Burlington school for about 10 years before college. Bob, Piero and Phil were great instructors. I have alot of great memories and still draw on the skills i learned from them almost daily.

Julia Buresh

White Belt
Reaction score
Long shot - posting on very old thread here but I am looking to get in touch with GM Cal Carrozzi. Per YELP his school in Peabody is closed. My dad was Bill Buresh who studied under GM Carrozzi. My Dad passed away two years ago and I have since taken up martial arts in Cambridge MA. I would love to connect with GM Carrozzi and perhaps take a lesson from him. He did come to my Dad's wake but I didn't have the chance to ask him for his contact information. Any leads are appreciated!

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Julia I was a long time friend of your Dad's we worked out together at Cals' for years. - My deepest sympathies for your loss of him. I do think of him often.
Probably the best way to see him is at a seminar at Paul's' school in Waltham - he does conduct them periodically. After Cal shut down his Salem location I don't think he has re-opened anywhere else....
You can respond to me here: [email protected] if that is easier...

SKKnidan

White Belt
Reaction score
I studied at the Burlington school for about 10 years before college. Bob, Piero and Phil were great instructors. I have alot of great memories and still draw on the skills i learned from them almost daily.
Anyone here from the old FVSSD or Masters Self Defense in Burlington?

Latest Discussions