Where is everyone?

Reaction score
Hi Andrew, my name is Dr Rubin Frank Rhode, I practise Goju Ryu Karate-Do and Kick Boxing. My grade is Godan 5th Dan, I also work in Health Care in a state facility as a Professor of Integrative Medicine. I also have a private medical practice where the patients do some Karate and Tai Chi exercises for certain medical conditions (e.g. hypertension and diabettes). Do you know of any other practioners who integrate Martial Arts into theie therapeutic regimes? Please contact me if you can. My e-mail is [email protected]. I also have a Dojo where we practice Karate-Do, Kick Boxing, Taiji Quan, Qi Gong, Nei Gong and Qi Na. I am also qualified to practice TCM and Acupuncture in my country,

Thank you so much.

Dr Rubin Frank Rhode

FrogDo

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello Everyone! Another new guy here. First time to ever sign-up on a forum like this. From what I read, a nice group of people. I'm 54 years old and a long time fan of martial arts. I studied Tae Kwon Do with the Jhoon Rhee Institute in Tampa Fl. 24 years ago and am now currently training in Hapkido at Royal Dragon Martial Arts. Much of my interest revolves around the philosophy of internal arts and the study of Zen and the Dao. I hope to talk with many of you over time!

inosanto83

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi all, just here for some Dim Mak pointers and to see if anyone has any good suggestions for balancing out my muscle distribution, Im primarily right handed and as a result I feel like I should train a little harder on my left side as its a bit sloppy, my kicks and punches on the left arent aimed quite as well as my right, wondering if anyone has any good exercises or anything to suggest..

midnight star

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
where's this map??
how do u get on it??
I WANNA JOIN IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)

midnight star

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
hi. not been on here in AAAAAAGES as i always seem to go on www.vip.tkdsource.com these days!
thought id say hi again anyway!
if you fancy saying hi, look me up on source under m-star!

tae kwon

jsmith260

White Belt
Reaction score
My name is Joy Smith. I am a full-time student at the University of Tennessee. One of my goals is to become an educator of Instructional Technology because I enjoy teaching others how to use the latest technology to make their lives easier and more efficient. I enjoy encouraging others in helping them obtain the tools needed for a better quality of life. My favorite hobbies are gardening, cooking, and practicing Taekwondo. This is a sport I like to do to relieve stress and keep in shape. My goal is to receive the highest rank of black belt possible while obtaining my degree. The hobbies mentioned above have been a joy from childhood since I am in country girl originally from Georgia. Even now I do not know where my life will take me in the future I hope to always have the opportunity to enjoy country life.
Now, I would like to tell you more about how I practice taekwondo. Another reason I practice taekwondo is for self defense. I use metal crutches because my muscles do not function properly due to a condition called cerebral palsy. I am currently a senior brown belt and will start learning how to break boards soon. My dad jokes around with me that I will break a bone doing this activity however, I truly loved this sport because it allows me to be so active. I even made a video about taekwondo to demonstrated how I fight an opponent for one of my classes.
I am currently taking a class called Internet mediated collaborative learning. The big project for this particular class is to work with people I have never met via the Internet. I decided to do my project on making some kind of collaborated document that provides self defense tips for disabled people. Therefore, if anybody reading my blog would be interested in providing a tip or some type of feedback regarding this subject. It would be much appreciated.
In addition , I have provided a link to the video I created for that previous class. If you are interested in learning more about taekwondo or how it is modified for me.http://webit.utk.edu/~jsmit260/Wit576/taekwondo.wmv
Joy

5rings

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hello everyone......here to just shake the trees, and see what falls out?
It is what it is.....it just isn't till you've lived it to its fullest!

Majd

White Belt
Reaction score
Well I'm here and I will continue to contribute with my posts because I see that this forum is great resource for everyone.
Come and make this forum the biggest Martial Arts community! :)

JacktheStripper

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi all :)

My name is Roberto and I'm in Fremantle, Western Australia

I'm here to pick up as much knowledge as I can get, and hopefully learn to apply some.

Maybe I'll even be able to add to the knowledge base here.

Take care everyone =D

Mötorknuckles

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi! My name is Viktor and I'm from São Paulo, Brazil!

I'm a Shorin Ryu practicioner, so I like the techniques of old school Karate, but I'm also very interested in Muay Thai and its variants (regional styles, old styles, etc)

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Montreal, Canada
West Island
East Coast Shaolin kempo with more of a Chinese flavour.