where does dragon-claw kung fu come from?

Longzhua

White Belt
Reaction score
So am I right in saying that this dragon claw that you do is " MADE UP"...

Longzhua

Longzhua

White Belt
Reaction score
Obviously,
Pedlahore, or whatever you call yourself.
Your a "FRAUD".
If not prove me wrong....

Old Judoka

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of confusion about Dragon Style vs Dragon Claw Style (Lung Shou Pai). There is a fellow in Champaign Illinois named Aaron Chen who teaches Lung Shou Pai at a school called Dragon Claw Academy. He is associated with an academy out of Mississippi I believe. I have been exploring going and checking out this style. If that happens I will get back with you all :) As far as self defense I already have a pretty decent background in Judo and BJJ. I also am boxing, but lately I have grown interested in exploring a CMA type striking art. There are discrepancies in the history of a lot of arts, especially Chinese. There are lineages of Wing Chun that assert vehemently that Wing Chun was not taught to Yim Wing Chun by a Shaolin Lady Preist, but was around long before that era. Anyway, I plan to get some info and I'll report back.

Last edited:

Old Judoka

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hey all, I found a link to Dragon Claw Academy in Champaign. There's a section with the history. I'm willing to give a pass on slight historical inaccuracies, because a lot of arts have histories that are oral traditions, plus there can be inaccuracies in translations. Anyway, I'm sharing a link so everyone can read this for themselves. Have a great nigh, all.

Martial Arts School Champaign, IL - Kung Fu Academy Champaign, IL

Latest Discussions