When life intrudes

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Work demands (loads of Overtime) have kept me from sparring for about six months. Tonight will be my first night in quite a while.
This is liable to hurt...

DennisBreene

3rd Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Work demands (loads of Overtime) have kept me from sparring for about six months. Tonight will be my first night in quite a while.
This is liable to hurt...
I think it's great that you keep coming back to training. I know how easy it is to let is slide when you are very busy. Hang in there.

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So, as it turned out, it was me, my sifu, 2 other Black Belts and two of the 12 yr olds that showed up tonight.
First we took turns working with the kids.
Then, we took turns knocking the crap out of each other...

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
So, as it turned out, it was me, my sifu, 2 other Black Belts and two of the 12 yr olds that showed up tonight.
First we took turns working with the kids....

Sorry, but when I first read this I couldn't help but think of that old Seinfeld episode:

But seriously, Don, Good on ya for getting back to sparring.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cougar

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Don't know about you, but I am 62 and a beat up GI. It is tough enough to teach and work with the teens and 20-somethings, but sparring and rolling with these guys is tough. Training cycles, and life, sometimes keep the really lively sparring sessions limited to once a month and are a little hard on an old body. I feel your pain.