73-year-old collars intruder at Spartanburg home

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Another win for the good guys.

http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/07/03/1567987/73-year-old-collars-intruder-at.html

Saturday, Jul. 03, 2010

73-year-old collars intruder at Spartanburg home

SPARTANBURG, S.C. -- You don't tug on Superman's cape; you don't spit into the wind. You don't pull the mask off that old Lone Ranger, and you don't mess around with ... Ken.
That's the lesson an intruder learned Saturday when 73-year-old Ken Easler surprised the unwanted visitor. Easler had just returned to the rural home he owns with his wife, Dot, on Jones Road near Converse around 11 a.m. Saturday.
When Easler walked through his unlocked front door, he heard someone upstairs and knew it wasn't Dot, whom he had just left at the Hub City Farmers Market, where she was selling fresh produce from the couple's farm.

Easler immediately went for his 9mm Ruger P85 handgun, loaded a round into it and went to the stairwell near the front door, where Easler said the intruder was sneaking down until he saw the gun.
"When I jacked that round in the chamber, he sat down and was holding onto the rail," Easler said. "I know he was scared.
"I told him, You do anything sudden, you're liable to end up dead.' "

And I love this bit...

"If you just let me go, I'll never do this again," Easler said Nickerson told him. "And I said, You become a man when you decided to come into this house.' "

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
11th arrest for Nickerson in the past two and a half years, with charges ranging from criminal domestic violence to trespassing to drug possession,

Great to see the system works... :\

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Bill Mattocks said:
"If you just let me go, I'll never do this again," Easler said Nickerson told him. "And I said, You become a man when you decided to come into this house.' "
cryozombie said:
11th arrest for Nickerson in the past two and a half years, with charges ranging from criminal domestic violence to trespassing to drug possession,
The intruder with that kind of rap record, had he been let go by the homeowner, I highly doubt he would stop...

- Ceicei

Latest Discussions