Whats your favorite fighting game?

O'Malley

Black Belt
Reaction score
Check out r/patientgamers, then! I've done the same: kept my old ps2 until it died on me a few months before COVID. Unless you absolutely want to be involved in "gaming communities" or can't wait to see the highest end graphics there's no need to play games when they come out, they'll be there until you fancy trying them out. I first played Super Mario Bros 3 last summer 😂

OP
T

Tigerwarrior

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Check out r/patientgamers, then! I've done the same: kept my old ps2 until it died on me a few months before COVID. Unless you absolutely want to be involved in "gaming communities" or can't wait to see the highest end graphics there's no need to play games when they come out, they'll be there until you fancy trying them out. I first played Super Mario Bros 3 last summer 😂
I was gonna go to gamestop and get mortal kombat 11 for ps4, just found out mk 12 is coming out very soon. I mainly wanted to get 11 to play online and test my might, but it's still like $40 and with my luck by the time I get set up to play online everyone will jump ship to mk 12 and I'll have no competition. Wish I would of got mk11 sooner. Not sure if it makes sense to get it with everyone probably jumping ship soon.

Hot Lunch

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm definitely Team Street Fighter. My favorite entry in the franchise is Street Fighter Alpha 2. Street Fighter Alpha 3 would have been great had they not used techno music for every character's stage, and kept the same concept of each character's arch nemesis being the final match in the game instead of Bison.

OP
T

Tigerwarrior

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I finally got mk11 a while ago. Been playing online for a few weeks. Still some good competition on there. Wish I would of got on it earlier, but I won't make same mistake when mk12 comes out. Mk11 is an awesome game.

Ivan

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide which one I like the most between mortal kombat, tekken, or street fighter. There's other games too like king of fighters, streets of rage etc but I mostly play the main 3. What's your favorite fighter game? And what's your favorite thing about it? I have mk, tekken, and I'm debating on getting street fighter too. I'm definitely a geek lol.
Nothing beats Tekken imo. I think it has the most realistic and grounded animations for martial arts, and is able to respectfully show each martial art within individual characters. MK relies too much on sheer brutality and fiction, which can be fun but it's not my preference, and Street Fighter I find can be too technical for me to enjoy. Also a lot of its characters feel hypersexualised - not saying MK, and Tekken don't sexualise their characters, but Street Fighter takes it to a whole new level and it's an eyesore to look at when I'm just trying to chill after a long day.

Hot Lunch

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Nothing beats Tekken imo. I think it has the most realistic and grounded animations for martial arts, and is able to respectfully show each martial art within individual characters. MK relies too much on sheer brutality and fiction, which can be fun but it's not my preference, and Street Fighter I find can be too technical for me to enjoy. Also a lot of its characters feel hypersexualised - not saying MK, and Tekken don't sexualise their characters, but Street Fighter takes it to a whole new level and it's an eyesore to look at when I'm just trying to chill after a long day.
So no Street Fighter 6 for you when it comes out in a few weeks?

Ivan

Black Belt
Reaction score
So no Street Fighter 6 for you when it comes out in a few weeks?
Probably not, I am more excited about Tekken 8. As amazing as street fighter 6 looks, the mechanics and female characters always put me off.

OP
T

Tigerwarrior

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I heard street fighter 6 is going to be an open Map, kind of like gta and other games where you can run around and do fun stuff.

O'Malley

Black Belt
Reaction score
*Tekken announcer voice*
At that moment, Christie, Nina and Anna glanced at the exit and started awkwardly side-stepping towards it.

O'Malley

Black Belt
Reaction score
I heard street fighter 6 is going to be an open Map, kind of like gta and other games where you can run around and do fun stuff.
It's probably just gonna be a disguised central hub (you walk around from point a to b and the gameplay only happens at those specific spots), not a true open world like GTA.

O'Malley

Black Belt
Reaction score
Always cool to see people try to faithfully represent actual martial arts. I prefer that over magic powers and flashy stuff.

Latest Discussions