What is your all time favorite fighting game? (video game)

Solidman82

Purple Belt
Reaction score
well I personally liked Dragonball Z:Budokai 3 but as for a more strategy (and realism as weird as it sounds for fighting games) I gotta say Tekken 5, it's got everything! the first 3 Tekken games and faster action then Tekken 4 and all of the characters, perfect game to bring to a small party of martial artists.

And does anybody remember erghiez? (not sure on the spelling)

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
arnisador said:
They're making a fighting game from the movie The Warriors:
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/16/arts/16schi.html

Great idea! I love that movie.

"Warriors...come out and plaaa-aaa-aaay..."

Oh maaaaan... I saw commercials. I will be at Best Buy first thing in the morning of its release, crescent kicking any 12 year old that gets in my way!!!!! :EG:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
LOL! My 15 year old is pretty excited about it, so he may be one of those impediments! He has some training, but you'll probably be able to get through him. :)

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bushido Blade.

I like the fact that you have no "life meter" you only have skill... a killing blow with a sword actually KILLS, etc...

Plus I like the fact that if you hold the "block" button you dont block... you have to time the block with the opponents strike.

Thats definatley a series Id like to see revived.

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
Bushido Blade.

I like the fact that you have no "life meter" you only have skill... a killing blow with a sword actually KILLS, etc...

Plus I like the fact that if you hold the "block" button you dont block... you have to time the block with the opponents strike.

Wow...a fighting game that has actual killing blows! Doesn't sound like the typical video arcade game. Which system has it, or is it a PC game?

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Swordlady said:
Wow...a fighting game that has actual killing blows! Doesn't sound like the typical video arcade game. Which system has it, or is it a PC game?

It was for the original Playstation.

It was, all things considered, the most "realistic" sword combat game I had played at the time...

Well, for starters, there are no energy bars, no time limit, no "ring out," and no special moves. A single, well-placed strike can kill. Killing your opponent dishonorably is a big no-no, and the game ends prematurely if you do so. The biggest difference, however, is in how the game actually plays. In a fighting game like SOUL EDGE, button-smashing can actually get you pretty far. Not so in BUSHIDO BLADE. The keys to successfully defeating your opponents here are timing, parrying, what position you're in (high, normal, or low — your attacks and blocking ability is affected by this), the strengths and weights of both your character and your opponent, and what weapons you're using.

OP
Dragon Fist

Dragon Fist

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
Bushido Blade.

Now this sounds like a game I would love to play

Solidman82

Purple Belt
Reaction score
You know, you could just put the life meter down to 10 or 20 % and then you'd have the same effect as a killing blow.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Solidman82 said:
You know, you could just put the life meter down to 10 or 20 % and then you'd have the same effect as a killing blow.

Its not the same when you can master 30 different 10 button combos that are easily blocked buy a guy holding down the *B* Button.

It was... sword combat. You dont hit a guy in the arm and he keeps using teh arm to fight like most fighting games, where the weapons were for visual effect only. You hit a guy in the leg and he falls down, and doesnt stand back up. He lays there, and can pretty much only swing the sword side to side as he bleeds out.

Its NOT the same.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I got to thinking about some of the Fighters I used to play... In No Particular order, the ones I would love to see revived (or are still being made in some cases)

Dead or Alive Ultimate (Xbox)

Eternal Champions (Sega Genesis)

Bushido Blade (PS)

Budokan (PC)

Uchi-Mata (Commodore 64) (Hey, how could you not LOVE a JUDO game)

Latest Discussions