What would martial arts website?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Create anything. If you offer a free week trail then put a coupon saying. Sign up and 4 extra days on your trial. Or you can put a link that says sign up for a free trial for the free trail that you may already have.

Sign up get free tips. Sign up get 2 free private classes. Sign up and get our newsletter. Sign up to get punched lol or in your case. Sign up to get thrown lol. Sign up to get free self-defense tips.

Example from my website. Free Kung Fu Classes
Maybe I will add a couple of free classes. Everything else (except the free punch/throw) requires work I can't deal with right now - still sorting out the last of my business accounting for taxes, and looking for a job.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thihs is 100% theoreitcal, as I am not at a point in my life to open up a dojo. However, there was another thread about a karate website and @JowGaWolf stated he'd like it to be a discussion, so I am creating it here.

Personally, I like to know the lineage, style, price, and schedule more than anything else. Everything else I will find out when I visit. What does everyone else view as important for an MA website?

Your website is a marketing piece, so you have to view it through that lens first.

The vast majority of your potential clients are not going to have a clue about styles. Even less so about lineage. Those are things you care about and might teach them to care about.

The first thing they care about is what can you do for them? Can you teach effective self-defence? Can you teach their kid to be confident? Can you get them in shape? Whatever benefits your school has to offer, those are step one. Keep in mind this is things that benefit them, not things you care about.

Once someone decides they want what you offer then you can start into schedule, price and other logistical things.

We are a industry that constantly talks about the value of humility, and yet a huge number of us take every opportunity to advertise by talking about how great the instructor is, rather then what the instructor can do for the student. We are here to serve the students, no the other way around.

OP
Monkey Turned Wolf

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
By the way, my mind keeps trying to make a full sentence out of the thread title. So now "martial arts" is a verb, and my mind inserts the article "a" before "website". Now every time I read it, I'm thinking, "So what, in fact, would 'martial arts' a website? Perhaps a fancy new font would 'martial arts' it up a bit." :D
I honestly have no idea what I was going for there. I'd say that I was tired and not thinking coherently, but my actual post disproves that a bit.