what uniforms are required?

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
for us it is a black gi with our "rtms" patch on it. we arn't required to wear tabi but most do. great for outdoor training.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A pair of pants or shorts (most of us wear gi pants) and a tshirt. No one wears gi jackets except some of the kids.

OP
E

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Nalia said:
A pair of pants or shorts (most of us wear gi pants) and a tshirt. No one wears gi jackets except some of the kids.
even in the winter? sounds... coooollddddd!;)

G

Genin Andrew

At Ninukai it is a black gi,any undershirts (in winter) must be a dark colour,Headband and Tabi,but Tabi boots are obviously optional.I dont personally wear them.

For meditation classes there is no dress code providing you wear loose clothing,some where gi some just wear tracksuit pants and T-shirt.

S

Scout_379

forgive me because I know very little about ninjutsu.:asian:
Isn't this a little flimsy? i mean, wont it rip or stretch too easily?

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Scout_379 said:
forgive me because I know very little about ninjutsu.:asian:
Isn't this a little flimsy? i mean, wont it rip or stretch too easily?
My apologies Scout... I don't do Ninjitsu... I do MMA (guess I should have stated that :( )

Yes it could get ripped and stretched easily. We try not to grab each others clothes, but sometimes it just happens.

gmunoz

Purple Belt
Reaction score
For To-Shin Do I wear a black gi and tabi. Although tabi aren't required I choose to use them.

A

AnimEdge

My Ninjutsu "School" i go to is very open to what one wears to class.
There view is that Ninjutsu is taht it is MA version of gurella warfare is to where you can use what you can when you can.

So in my class it is whatever you want to wear to do what is needed to do.

When i first went to the class i worn a t-shirt and baggy jnco like jeans.

No one cared

I now 6 months or however later now wear a t-shirt and wal-mart sweatpants that was only like 5 dollars so im wearing like a 10 dollar outfit :p

My girlfriend wears tight athletic pants and a shirt

the higher ranks general wear more cotton like pants that tie off and a shirt.

We are to in the next few months get leather armored uniforms, with a custom sized leather chest and back plate arm guards and the full ninja outfit. We wont use this that often to practice but manly for demos and such

So at my school they dont care as long as you can do what is needed

Sarah

Senior Master
Reaction score
At our Dojo we wear Black Gi Pants, a White Jacket with patches in Winter. If we like we can wear a club T-Shirt in Summer or we have summer Jackets which are not as heavy as the cotten drill jackets.

Latest Discussions