What to do?

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There are days I show up because others are expecting me to be there - either to teach or to train. That's the way it goes; some days I just don't feel like going - but I go anyway, unless I'm truly unwell. I've had off nights when nothing seemed to go the way I wanted it - that's just the way life is sometimes.

The question is, Manny, do you feel this way more than once in a while? If so, then yes, you may want to look around again. But if it's only once every few months, then it's probably just one of those nights.

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Here's another thought, Manny. If you feel ready, perhaps it's time to find a student yourself to teach. That was the dilemma I found myself in after moving away from my teacher. Every studio I approached in my city paled compared to his teaching methods, knowledge, and intensity. Since I could not find a new teacher that met my expectations, I decided to further my own education by teaching what I knew.

Teaching makes one reconsider every bit of knowledge. If you cannot explain or physically demonstrate a certain technique or a certain nuance to the technique at a moment's notice, you didn't learn it correctly to begin with.

There are some nights afther training that sambunim give permision to teach the following class and I really enjoiy it cause I make this clase like the one I want to have.

Manny

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
There are days I show up because others are expecting me to be there - either to teach or to train. That's the way it goes; some days I just don't feel like going - but I go anyway, unless I'm truly unwell. I've had off nights when nothing seemed to go the way I wanted it - that's just the way life is sometimes.

The question is, Manny, do you feel this way more than once in a while? If so, then yes, you may want to look around again. But if it's only once every few months, then it's probably just one of those nights.

Lately I feel that way..... there are very few clases that I really enjoy, let me say that in the last couple of months I atended maybe 10 clases that's too low don't you think?

Lately I dislike to train with kids the way the kids train.

Manny

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Manny everybody needs a break from training so take one enjoy life and go back to what you love.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes Terry, but I love MA and love TKD believe me, that's why is so hard to me let TKD go.

Manny

You don't have to let go, just give yourself permission to lay low for a little while.

Do some cardio stuff in the mean time, explore other stuff, or just hang out with a good book (I hear they still make those! ;) )

Latest Discussions