What to do when being harass in voting line.

JP3

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watch them and prepare my self, thankfully no one hit me.
They stopped at the 100 ft mark.
I am confused by the last sentence.

What do you mean by, "They stopped at the 100 ft mark?"

They didn't get any closer to you than 100 feet, which doesn't make sense since you were concerned enough to write this thread about it. They walked away and stopped about a hundred feet from you and continued to talk to voters?

What happened?

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

They didn't get any closer to you than 100 feet, which doesn't make sense since you were concerned enough to write this thread about it. They walked away and stopped about a hundred feet from you and continued to talk to voters?

What happened?
You can try to influence voters up to 100ft of the voting spots.

OP
B

Bruce7

Black Belt
Reaction score
You can try to influence voters up to 100 ft from the front door.
It worked will before covid. Now line is 6 times longer because of distancing.
Now you can not get away from them.

OP
B

Bruce7

Black Belt
Reaction score
I just read this in the Houston Chronicle, our city newspaper.
A recent federal report said Texas has violated the Voting Rights Act more than any other state in recent years.

Saheim

Green Belt
Reaction score

What happened?

I could be mistaken but I interpreted that to mean - they stayed WITH him, close to him, UNTIL they (him and them together) got within the 100ft mark, then he continued on without them.

JP3

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could be mistaken but I interpreted that to mean - they stayed WITH him, close to him, UNTIL they (him and them together) got within the 100ft mark, then he continued on without them.
Ahh... yes, I can see that now. I knew about the 100' limit on trying to influence folks, but the description of what was going on just didn't "fit" in my head. That makes complete sense now. Appreciate it. My spacial location awareness from the written word seems to be slipping.

Mdwilson

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I live in Anderson county , TX. I voted early this time as I will be working Election Day.

Everyone was very respectful, wore their mask because it was required to enter the courthouse.

Did the deed & went out to lunch afterwards. All in all a pleasant afternoon.

To answer the op question, I would have answered no thank you to stickers , if asked who I was voting for my reply would be nunya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
B

Bruce7

Black Belt
Reaction score
I live in Anderson county , TX. I voted early this time as I will be working Election Day.

Everyone was very respectful, wore their mask because it was required to enter the courthouse.

To answer the op question, I would have answered no thank you to stickers , if asked who I was voting for my reply would be nunya.

Anderson County is a nice place with few voters. Crazies are not going to drive that far for a few votes.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

LOL... Nunya. Always a good friend to have

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Michigan has open carry in the voting area.
Texas is not even that crazy.
I'm in Ohio. Ohio's CHL ("Concealed Handgun License") law prohibits carrying in most Government Buildings and prohibits carry without permission in Places of Worship. Guess where most polling places are? Further, "Gun Buster" signs have the force of law (if caught and refusing to leave, it's a misdemeanor to carry in a public place with a gun buster sign).

For the most part CC is off the table at the voting booth in Ohio.

If you can legally CC in your state it is incumbent upon you to know the laws and follow them.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

OP
B

Bruce7

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm in Ohio. Ohio's CHL ("Concealed Handgun License") law prohibits carrying in most Government Buildings and prohibits carry without permission in Places of Worship. Guess where most polling places are? Further, "Gun Buster" signs have the force of law (if caught and refusing to leave, it's a misdemeanor to carry in a public place with a gun buster sign).

For the most part CC is off the table at the voting booth in Ohio.

If you can legally CC in your state it is incumbent upon you to know the laws and follow them.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Michigan is open carry, not CC in voting buildings.
I mean if it was CC at least you could not see the gun.

Latest Discussions