What to do when being harass in voting line.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
In Texas they can get no closer than 100 feet of the voting build.
It worked fine before covid.
Covid-19 has me less willing to punch someone in the face. go figure lol. But I still have to be careful when I'm by myself. I don't like intimidation nor bullying. If anyone wanted to trick me into getting into a fight, then that would be the way to go. I've always had a bad taste for intimidation and bullying. If I do anything stupid it would because that is what I'm confronted with.

My guess is that people like that are targeting specific people who they think they can intimidate. I can't see them trying to confront someone that they thought they couldn't handle.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
After we get a new president. Everybody wear face-mask in US, I'll no longer run away from no-mask people, life will go back to normal again.
lol When I go in for work, I have to talk on the phones with a mask on. I must say it's one of my least favorite activities. The mask is fine, but talking through it for almost 8 hours sucks.

And don't let it be a bad breath day lol.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
lol When I go in for work, I have to talk on the phones with a mask on. I must say it's one of my least favorite activities. The mask is fine, but talking through it for almost 8 hours sucks.

And don't let it be a bad breath day lol.
I spray my favor women perfume "mask oil" on my face mask. Every time I put my face mask on, it brings me back some good memory.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I know it is very close to being poltic and I don't want that.
But really should people carry weapons to vote? I hope not.
I have never had this happen to me before.
I am still shaking.

Dan Crensaw people ganged up on me in the voting line.
I was so upset, I could hardly vote.
I said nothing to them.
I would not take their Dan Crensaw sticker.
So they started asking why are you voting for Biden.
At first I still said nothing, but thier were two of them and neither were wearing mask.
I final said because I am not a loser or a sucher.
Then they said Trump did not say that and Biden was the one who said it.
It went down hill from there.
I watch them and prepare my self, thankfully no one hit me.
They stopped at the 100 ft mark.
just take the sticker, wait till they have left then stick on a car with a Biden sticker, laugh as you imagine his face, the car owners not biden

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
After we get a new president. Everybody wear face-mask in US, I'll no longer run away from no-mask people, life will go back to normal again.

Those no-mask people mess up my daily running. When I run, if I see a no-mask person, I will turn around. After I have turned around many times, I lose tracking my running distance. This bother me big time.
you need to do shuttle runs,

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
...When I walk on the street, if I see a no-mask person, I will turn around. After I have turned around, if I see another no-mask person, I will make a right or left turn. Again, if I see another no-mask person, I truly don't have any place to run.

You are very cautious. I don't wear my mask outside in the open air if people are far away ... like 20' or more. I slip it up over my face if people approach me or in crowded areas, and always inside public buildings.

I really can't get used to the darned things. My reading glasses fog up, my ears get sore from the straps, I have a hard time understanding my students, especially those who don't articulate well... and I almost flunked my eye exam for my new TSA approved "True- ID" driver's license.

I couldn't read the first line of letters and numbers, and just before the lady failed me, I realized it wasn't my eyes, but that my mask had caused the lenses in the eye test gizmo to fog up. She was nice and let me wait for it to un-fog and try it again holding my breath. Thank goodness that worked!

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
just take the sticker, wait till they have left then stick on a car with a Biden sticker, laugh as you imagine his face, the car owners not biden

You still have a sense of humour about this. Just proves you're a Brit. We Americans seem to have forgotten how to laugh at the absurdities of life.;)

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You still have a sense of humour about this. Just proves you're a Brit. We Americans seem to have forgotten how to laugh at the absurdities of life.;)
there was a time late 70s early 80s where we took politics very seriously on this country, we were a masively devided nation that commonly strayed into violence .

stating your voting preferances in a pub was a dangeriyd pass time, as if you guested wrong you could quite easily be beaten up, by the left or the right .

i got attacked by both sides on quite a few occations, before deciding i was a liberal Democrat, for public consumption then everyone just felt sympathy for you

since then we have sunk into disinterested apathy, i miss the old days abd envy the intrest inyour politics

EdwardA

Blue Belt
Reaction score
My folks are in AZ and they dropped their ballots off at city hall.

@geezer , you probably know this, but Texas is a little crazy in the best of times, and with the GOP looking for goons to intimidate voters, it's not a good situation.

As I know you must make it political, the GOP is not funding antifa or blm, who riot, burn, loot, yank people out of their cars and nearly beat them to death everywhere they go. That would be the DNC.

Being an independent, I realized a long time ago that at least 70% of all polititions are corrupt no matter which side they're on, and no matter what comes out of their mouths.

Last edited:
OP
B

Bruce7

Black Belt
Reaction score

Those no-mask people mess up my daily running. When I run, if I see a no-mask person, I will turn around. After I have turned around many times, I lose tracking my running distance. This bother me big time.

Thank you I really need a laugh

OP
B

Bruce7

Black Belt
Reaction score
As I know you must make it political, the GOP is not funding antifa or blm, who riot, burn, loot, yank people out of their cars and nearly beat them to death everywhere they go. That would be the DNC.

Being an independent, I realized a long time ago that at least 70% of all polititions are corrupt no matter which side they're on, and no matter what comes out of their mouths.
Lets not talk politics or the post will be stopped.

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I know it is very close to being poltic and I don't want that.
But really should people carry weapons to vote?
No. It's usually illegal.
What you should or could do:
  • Nut up. Just ignore them. They'll get bored eventually. It's not Tammany Hall and they can't actually force you to vote how they want. Either you have the courage of your convictions or you don't. Put in your ear buds and listen to Beyonce or something.
  • Lie to them. There's no law says you are obligated to tell them, or most anyone really, the truth. Take the sticker and throw it in the trash when you leave; it's like you're getting to burn their money. While there smile and nod a lot. Pretend your wife is talking to you while you're thinking about sports; "<mumble> Yes dear, you're perfectly right."
  • Report it to the Poll Monitors. They're required to have 'em there. And the Monitors are required to document the incident and call authorities if necessary.

When did martial artists get so easily manipulated?

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Folks,
Sadly, a discussion of voting etiquette and handling harassment or even violence in the voting line seems a part of 2020. Let's avoid the discussion of who to vote for as we do that, okay?

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
To copy kung fu wang. I would have coughed and told them I was covid positive.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
Its all In the presentation. You wouldn't cough AT THEM. Just advise them that they should step back.

Saheim

Green Belt
Reaction score
OP - you are a way more patient man than I am. Someone(s) tries to bully me into changing my vote, AT THE PRECINCT, and it would've went Jerry Springer in a blink. I would've blown a gasket, explained in loud colorful terms that they needed to get away from me and IF I saw ONE of them advance or posture like he was gonna move on me, well.... I'd need an absentee ballot. I have mellowed out, in recent years, but THAT is a line ya don't cross.

As for the poster going all - OMG, weapons at a voting precinct!??! Legality aside, I think the OP just demonstrated WHY they are a good precaution, your affiliation could get you attacked by extremists. Being prepared is never a bad idea. Carry everywhere.