What style of wing chun do you study?

jhexx

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I practice Wong Shun leung/ Jiu Wan and Wang Kiu Wc.
Wsl i got from my father. I learned Jiu Wan lineage for a few months at a school run by sifu Herb Schmieder, who learned under Jason Lau and Miguel Hernandez. Then when i lived in Colorado i learned Wang Kiu under one of two students who was trained under Herber Maier. So my interpretation of Wc is a combination of the three.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
my teacher is study under Kenneth Chung,
Kenneth Chung is student of Leung Sheung who is student of Yip Man.

I would like to see other way of people doing wing chun. it would be interesting.

I was happy to see this. I have been feeling pretty lonely on this board because if there is anyone else from the Leung Sheung lineage, they have not announced themselves. LOL (Then again, I know Xue Sheng studied it.) Anyway, I learn from a gentleman named Larry London, who studied under Jack Ling. (He also learned from Augustine Fong.) So I am also learning the Leung Sheung lineage.

Vajramusti

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I was happy to see this. I have been feeling pretty lonely on this board because if there is anyone else from the Leung Sheung lineage, they have not announced themselves. LOL (Then again, I know Xue Sheng studied it.) Anyway, I learn from a gentleman named Larry London, who studied under Jack Ling. (He also learned from Augustine Fong.) So I am also learning the Leung Sheung lineage.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been doing Ip Man/Ho Kam ming/Augustine Fong wing chun every day since 1976. Ho Kam Ming studied directly with Ip Man since 1955--private lessons for many years and stayed in touch with him regularly till the day Ip Man died. I was lucky- I lived in Tucson when I found sifu Fong.
I moved to New Mexico and kept driving to Tucson on weekends for classes and private lessons, Then I moved back to Arizona-Tempe but drive to Tucson often. Was there last Saturday for one day of his annual 4 day seminars and the annual reunion banquet.
Wing chun people in Macao have published a 50 year commemoration book of Ho Kam Ming's wing chun loaded with pictures -includes many shots of Ip Man visiting Ho Kam Ming's school and also of Fong who brought Ho Kam Ming wing chun to the US.

DanT

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been doing Ip Man/Ho Kam ming/Augustine Fong wing chun every day since 1976. Ho Kam Ming studied directly with Ip Man since 1955--private lessons for many years and stayed in touch with him regularly till the day Ip Man died. I was lucky- I lived in Tucson when I found sifu Fong.
I moved to New Mexico and kept driving to Tucson on weekends for classes and private lessons, Then I moved back to Arizona-Tempe but drive to Tucson often. Was there last Saturday for one day of his annual 4 day seminars and the annual reunion banquet.
Wing chun people in Macao have published a 50 year commemoration book of Ho Kam Ming's wing chun loaded with pictures -includes many shots of Ip Man visiting Ho Kam Ming's school and also of Fong who brought Ho Kam Ming wing chun to the US.
Can you tell us some unique characteristics of HKM wing chun?

Also do you know the Windy City wing chun ppl?

Vajramusti

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Can you tell us some unique characteristics of HKM wing chun?

Also do you know the Windy City wing chun ppl?
----------------------------------------------
Yes, I do know Ed de la Cruz and his partner at Windy City wing chun. HKM;s wing chun always strives for balance, no unnecessary muscle tension,
square body9not slant body), clear gravitational center line among many other things.

beginerboy1

White Belt
Reaction score
That is why youtube is good as it gives people a rough idea of what people do. However, never rely on it to gauge how good a teacher or school is. I have seen some bad clips done by good schools and vice versa

I hva trained under Kevin Chan for many years and I have played/fought students from Ip Chun, James Sinclair, WT, William Cheung, Andrew Sofos and Grados. All had something to offer
Hi there what do you know about James Sinclair? as I have also come across his schools.

Parky

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I started Chu Shong Tin Wing Chun in 1994. Looked at and dabbled in other WC lines, as well as a dash of JKD. And eventually came back to Chu Shong Tin WC. I both practice and teach it.

Bino TWT

Green Belt
Reaction score
I am of the Leung Ting Wing Tsun lineage, and I have trained both the EWTO & the Hong Kong (IWTA) side of the system. I have also trained with many skilled practitioners from various lineages (Leung Sheung/Kenneth Cheung, Duncan Leung, Moy Yat, Hawkins Cheung, Gary Lam, Yip Ching, Wang Kiu, and Shaolin, etc.).

I'll be training with Leung Ting this October. And I have trained personally with Kenneth Cheung.

Latest Discussions