What Sort of Person ... ?

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-19535636

This is one of those stories that leaps on you unannounced and my emotional reaction was both raw and angry - take them out the back of the Police Station and shoot the bastards!

That, of course, is hardly the course that the rule of law takes (nor should it if we are to retain a semblance of justice) but do we really want people capable of this to be allowed out amongst us?

What could so possess a person that they would think that setting a Collie on fire was an entertaining thing to do?!

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the least, they should be monitored more closely by the police. Torturing animals is one of the three biggies for serial killers. Did anyone else point out the ages of these monsters.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-19535636

This is one of those stories that leaps on you unannounced and my emotional reaction was both raw and angry - take them out the back of the Police Station and shoot the bastards!

That, of course, is hardly the course that the rule of law takes (nor should it if we are to retain a semblance of justice) but do we really want people capable of this to be allowed out amongst us?

What could so possess a person that they would think that setting a Collie on fire was an entertaining thing to do?!

What kind of person?
A serial killer in the making....

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ugh. Yeah, these two will get much worse before they get any better. Let's hope for lengthy sentences. All to often animal crimes carry light terms--it's "just a property crime" after all.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As it's in the Province you may have to look deeper than just animal cruelty I'm afraid, you have to look at who the owners are. It could well be an attempt to torment or threaten them, it could be a revenge attack or a warning that they are next There's just been days of rioting over there, probably not reported on many news reports, sectarian hatred is alive and kicking.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
As it's in the Province you may have to look deeper than just animal cruelty I'm afraid, you have to look at who the owners are. It could well be an attempt to torment or threaten them, it could be a revenge attack or a warning that they are next There's just been days of rioting over there, probably not reported on many news reports, sectarian hatred is alive and kicking.

Still a sick bastard.
(and in the same vein as a serial killer....)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still a sick bastard.
(and in the same vein as a serial killer....)

Very much so, a lot of so called political murders ect are done under the guise of being for a cause but are actually done for a love of killing and torture. I think one of the reasons there's still no peace in the Province is that certain people quite simply love the killing and torture rather than actually believing in a polical cause, they don't want to stop. While there's a cause they can hide behind they can carrying on quite often people excuse what they do in the name of that cause but look at them properly and what you see is actually serial killers not heroes.

Latest Discussions