What is your take on pricing ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 48484
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 48484

KM is quite new here in my country and schools are still scarce. In comparison to other schools the training over here is very very very expensive.

Do you think this is fair or appropriate for what it is ?

Just a little comparison:

in my area you pay 15 euros a month for kickboxing and 25-40ish euros for a decent Karate school a month and can train like 2-3 times a week.

For KM schools around here you either only find courses that go for a weekend and pay 150ish euros and if you are lucky and find a school that trains you twice a week, you end up paying around 80ish euros a month + equipment, protectors and such and costs for grading you pay.

This feels heavily overpriced in comparison to other systems..what is your take on that?

I know that in the US martial arts schools are a lot more expensive, hence the comparison.

Urban Trekker

Brown Belt
Reaction score

KM is quite new here in my country and schools are still scarce. In comparison to other schools the training over here is very very very expensive.

Do you think this is fair or appropriate for what it is ?

Just a little comparison:

in my area you pay 15 euros a month for kickboxing and 25-40ish euros for a decent Karate school a month and can train like 2-3 times a week.

For KM schools around here you either only find courses that go for a weekend and pay 150ish euros and if you are lucky and find a school that trains you twice a week, you end up paying around 80ish euros a month + equipment, protectors and such and costs for grading you pay.

This feels heavily overpriced in comparison to other systems..what is your take on that?

I know that in the US martial arts schools are a lot more expensive, hence the comparison.

Wow. We pay three times as much what you pay in Germany. I'm not sure how they keep the clubs open over there.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Wow. We pay three times as much what you pay in Germany. I'm not sure how they keep the clubs open over there.
well I think he gone now, but I simply,
compare group " expert " tuition for other things, guitar lessons 10 pounds an hour, dance lessons 10 pounds an hour,tenis coaching 10 pounds per hour, , ma ten pounds an hour seems fair, as I only generaly turn up once a week, I dont avail myself of the bulk discount

Last edited: