Questions for senior practitioners

Old Happy Tiger

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hello,

I am new here and I'm looking into getting back into martial arts and joining a school once the virus situation is lifted. I'll be visiting a Krav Maga school as well again after the virus situation is lifted

I have two questions for senior practitioners of Krav Maga:

1) Could your style be modified for some one like me who has physical / health disabilities?

2) Is there a lot of "ground fighting / grappling" in your style of Krav Maga?

Thank You for your help and time.

Gyuki

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hello,

I am new here and I'm looking into getting back into martial arts and joining a school once the virus situation is lifted. I'll be visiting a Krav Maga school as well again after the virus situation is lifted

I have two questions for senior practitioners of Krav Maga:

1) Could your style be modified for some one like me who has physical / health disabilities?

2) Is there a lot of "ground fighting / grappling" in your style of Krav Maga?

Thank You for your help and time.
Late reply...
Depending on the school you attend there may be basic ground work or lots of it in higher levels. Some (many) schools mix the KM curriculum with BJJ. The "pure" KM curriculum has some ground work but it is very basic compared to other arts.

As per your condition, I do not know what it is nor should it matter to any instructor who is serious or knows what they are doing. All martial arts are adaptable for the individual. Regardless of their abilities, those shall be used to make the person more apt to defend themselves. In order to get the most benefit from that you may wish to inform the instructor beforehand as they may set a specific program for/with you. To be honest, KM or whichever style of martial arts, the important thing is that you are able to work with someone who is there for you and not trying to make a buck by any means and simply want for people to be there for him(whether financially or by boostinf his ego)

OP
Old Happy Tiger

Old Happy Tiger

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Late reply...
Depending on the school you attend there may be basic ground work or lots of it in higher levels. Some (many) schools mix the KM curriculum with BJJ. The "pure" KM curriculum has some ground work but it is very basic compared to other arts.

As per your condition, I do not know what it is nor should it matter to any instructor who is serious or knows what they are doing. All martial arts are adaptable for the individual. Regardless of their abilities, those shall be used to make the person more apt to defend themselves. In order to get the most benefit from that you may wish to inform the instructor beforehand as they may set a specific program for/with you. To be honest, KM or whichever style of martial arts, the important thing is that you are able to work with someone who is there for you and not trying to make a buck by any means and simply want for people to be there for him(whether financially or by boostinf his ego)
Thank You for your reply, I actually just came back on the forum here.. it's been a bit tough going for me personally for certain reasons. I appreciate your comment as I 100% agree with what you wrote.

Latest Discussions