what is your favorite counter-attack?

lll000000lll

Green Belt
Reaction score
what is your favorite counterattack to the list of attacks.

1.) jab cross combo in western boxing.

2.) a kick (jab) to the legs or a roundhouse to the knee.

3.) someone attempting to shoot to the legs for a take-down (tackle).

4.) someone attempting to grapple.

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
lll000000lll said:

Evade the jab and then parry or block the cross. If I end up on the outside, I probably go with a sweep to introduce them to the floor at a high rate of speed, on the inside, I'd just start working the centerline targets (eyes, throat, groin, etc.)

lll000000lll said:
Evade the kick, or jam it if evasion isn't possible. Then beat the crap out of them.

lll000000lll said:
Either sprawl or step back and give them a knee to the face. If they actually get my legs I'll be dropping elbows and hammerfists on their head, neck, and spine. If we end up on the ground then it's time for gouges, biting, etc.

lll000000lll said:
headbutts, throat grabs/rips/crushes (anybody seen Roadhouse :D ), eye-gouges, or deploy a knife.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
lll000000lll said:

None of the adove the best counter is to avpoid the confritation in the first place and just walk away.
Terry

OP
lll000000lll

lll000000lll

Green Belt
Reaction score
kenpotex said:
Evade the jab and then parry or block the cross. If I end up on the outside, I probably go with a sweep to introduce them to the floor at a high rate of speed, on the inside, I'd just start working the centerline targets (eyes, throat, groin, etc.)

Evade the kick, or jam it if evasion isn't possible. Then beat the crap out of them.

Either sprawl or step back and give them a knee to the face. If they actually get my legs I'll be dropping elbows and hammerfists on their head, neck, and spine. If we end up on the ground then it's time for gouges, biting, etc.

headbutts, throat grabs/rips/crushes (anybody seen Roadhouse :D ), eye-gouges, or deploy a knife.

great answers. we should do alittle sparring. lol

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
I attack counters with a sponge and some hot soapy water...although usually I just call one of my kids to clean it instead.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't have favorites. Whatever works for the particular attack. Most involves not being there when the attack arrives. ;) Warning, it is dangerous to have favorites.

OP
lll000000lll

lll000000lll

Green Belt
Reaction score
Bigshadow said:
I don't have favorites. Whatever works for the particular attack. Most involves not being there when the attack arrives. ;) Warning, it is dangerous to have favorites.

true.

what i should have asked was, What counter-attack is the most fun to you.

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
lll000000lll said:

Duck and side kick or block and twist kick

block and stomp kick

ridge hand to the head

Joint locks, throws

Jimi

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey Kenpotex, As I was thinking of my responses then read yours, you took the words right out of my mouth. Great stuff man. PEACE

Reaction score
lll000000lll said:

im a muay thai practitoiner if this helps:

1. push arm aside at the elbow , grap side of neck with other hand , pull down and long knee to chest

2.round to the knee - shin block then probably go in for a clinch and pound

3. sprawl then a knee to the face while hes on on all fours

4.dunno , id probably just got for a teep/push kick or id just elbow/punch them in the face if they get too close

chris

Phadrus00

Blue Belt
Reaction score
lll000000lll said:

Parry or evade the Jab and Gunting on the incoming Cross.. Hurts them like the dickens and can often lead to nice takedown entries... Did I mention how much it hurts? *grin*

lll000000lll said:
Typically a shield with my knee. If I hit their shin or the top of their foot it really hurts... I like it when it hurts them.. *grin*

lll000000lll said:
Sprawl backat an angle, Double underhook then slight redirect and flip them over on their back. If I get the right energy hey end up on their back with me sitting on their chest... I'm heavy... That hurts too.. *giggle*

lll000000lll said:

Assuming they did not try and take out my legs and came in high then I usually like to fade back and try to roll/flip them into a mount. Barring that I usually keep applying elows and knees into pressure points until they compromise thier position and I can apply a lock.. They compalin that the elbows and knees are really painful and that upsets them.. really I think they like the pain.. I know I like doing it! *evil grin*

You should see what I like to do with knives!

Yours Painfully (and very cheekiliy),
Rob

trevorama

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
lll000000lll said:

Depends on the distance and the skill of your opponent. In general though, if you have enough room... Parry the jab and slip to the outside of the cross and use your momentum to sink in a nice round kick to the ribs or solar plexus.

If you're already in close... Put both your arms tight to the front of your head to block both punches. After the second punch deflects, either throw a nice elbow or punch to the chin ,or immediately bridge the distance into a clinch.

lll000000lll said:

Check the kick. This is important -- make sure you lift your lead leg in the direction that the kick is coming, otherwise you could get swept. After you've deflected the kick, and as you bring your lead leg down, throw a left/right cross.

lll000000lll said:

Sprawl. Get off to the side if you can without letting either of your legs get grabbed. Get an underhook and/or head control, stabilize yourself and throw in a well placed knee or uppercut -- depending on where you end up.

lll000000lll said:

Try to end up on top. Bridge and roll your opponent over if you have to. Land a devastating elbow or palm heel to the face or a knee to the groin to soften him up. Then break the guard (if need be) and stand up as quickly as you can. Make sure to check your surroundings. His buddies may be positioning themselves to "help" out.

HG1

Blue Belt
Reaction score

--------------------------------------------------------------------
1.) Chin Ji palm.

2.) Given the time to see kick - step back into dragon stance which loads the tiger tail kick. If there's no time - raise leg off the ground & push forward with the back leg driving the raised knee forward. Follow up depends upon opponents reaction.

3.) Quickly step into the shoot on a slight angle, sink into horse stance. Opponents head & neck should be at hip level exposed for striking. (Fighting sinking movement not training form sinking)

4.) Break fingers at first contact. Use bridge arms to control & use strength of stance to unbalance opponent/lock knee joint.

These are some moves off the top of my head. Nothing is guarenteed in a real fight. Manage fear response & do what ever is required to survive.

charyuop

Black Belt
Reaction score
Watch out coz these counter attacks are kinda dangerous and I don't wanna be responsible, I will try to describe them in detail.

1_ Open my eyes at the sound of my wife gently slapping my face saying "are you alright dear?"

2_ I would raise my right arm with the hand covering my face for a nice jab, my jaw will not break easily...my knee did.

3_ Widen my legs and lowering in a kinda horse stence, you won't take me down that way...now please can you give me back my round private parts?

4_ I would shock him so that he wouldn't know what to do. Grab his chest tightly and drop flat on my back dragging him on top of me...it is very usefull in the end of the move say "please let me go I beg you" (better if with tears in the eyes).

Shotgun Buddha

Brown Belt
Reaction score

Block and clinch, or strike back depending on what openings are there.

Ram my knee into their upper leg as they raise their leg to kick.

Sprawl and knee to head.

Move with it, toss em when they leave an opening.

I dislike having any response pre-planned with more than one or two details. Anything more than that and I feel like Im thoroughly p*ssing in the wind.