What is Vadha Kenpo?

R

RCastillo

A prospective student came to my class last nite looking for a Kenpo class, and when I asked about his experiences he mentioned Vadha Kenpo in Colorado. What can anyone tell me about this. He was unclear if there was any connection to AK, or to any system.

OP
R

rmcrobertson

Thanks; that was HILARIOUS. If they missed a single Bad If Not Actually Dangerous Martial Arts cliche, I'll be darned if I know what it was.

Cheered me up.

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
rmcrobertson said:
Thanks; that was HILARIOUS. If they missed a single Bad If Not Actually Dangerous Martial Arts cliche, I'll be darned if I know what it was.

Cheered me up.
If that's the case, you'll love this one. Sorry if I've gotten off-thread, but I just couldn't resist. :)

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Omigod, that's truly amazing. I think the guy watched too many spy movies and played wwwaaaayyy to many sci fi video games as a kid. Robert and I are usually on the opposite sides of debates about innovation and change, but with this kinda cr*p out there, I can see why he's adamant about his perspectives *bait*.

I'm gonna go back to my closet, and congratulate myself on my latest self-promotion to World Supreme Super-Secret Great Grand Master of Imperial Golden Chicken Kung-Fu. The rest of you might want to keep an eye out for Operatives...they surely spell our demise and defeat.:moon: :jaws:

phoenix

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Kenpo5th said:
That is one of the funniest things I've ever read :rofl: :rofl: :erg:

HAHAHA...just a quick read of the first page or two, and at least 3 spelling errors. Researched fighting, but obviously missed spelling class.

phoenix

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
phoenix said:
HAHAHA...just a quick read of the first page or two, and at least 3 spelling errors. Researched fighting, but obviously missed spelling class.

Ok, had to post another message after reading a bit. Maybe they missed Math class as well:

"Incredibly this challenge would last from 1996 - ending in 2003 I had to managed to test the Skills and the Fight System in over 1 million Combat Assault Engagements without getting hit once in the face."

Ok, do the math...1,000,000 divided by 7 years, divided by 365 days per year makes about 391 "Combat Assault Engagements" per DAY. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't even SEE 391 people in a day. And if they're talking techniques in class, 391 techniques, call if 15 seconds per technique (with reset, etc), is about 98 minutes straight, without a break.

Whew...in better shape than me!

Sean

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sorry to have side-tracked the thread. I also found this site, which gives another view of the history of the style. It appears that Vadha Kempo has no discernable link to either AK or CK.

OP
R

RCastillo

phoenix said:
Ok, had to post another message after reading a bit. Maybe they missed Math class as well:

"Incredibly this challenge would last from 1996 - ending in 2003 I had to managed to test the Skills and the Fight System in over 1 million Combat Assault Engagements without getting hit once in the face."

Ok, do the math...1,000,000 divided by 7 years, divided by 365 days per year makes about 391 "Combat Assault Engagements" per DAY. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't even SEE 391 people in a day. And if they're talking techniques in class, 391 techniques, call if 15 seconds per technique (with reset, etc), is about 98 minutes straight, without a break.

Whew...in better shape than me!

Sean

This sounds like a job for Superman!(Rich Parsons) :uhyeah:

OP
R

RCastillo

Randy Strausbaugh said:
Sorry to have side-tracked the thread. I also found this site, which gives another view of the history of the style. It appears that Vadha Kempo has no discernable link to either AK or CK.

Based on what I've been reading, there is no real kenpo in here. Correct me if I'm wrong. :asian:

OP
P

pknox

We have these guys in NJ as well; evidently they spawned off of a school in Staten Island.

http://www.njvadhakempo.com/main.htm

Be warned -- the music they play in the background is both loud AND annoying. :)

I do remember reading somewhere where both the Vadha people and the Vadha Kempo people were trying to distance themselves from each other, saying that the styles were too dissimilar to share the same name. On this guy's website, he does at least mention that Vadha Kempo is a "hybrid" art, incorporating a whole bunch of other things besides Vadha. There's another guy in NJ who teaches MMA that also uses Vadha Kempo as his base.

From what I've seen (plus what I've read here), about the only thing VK has in common with AK is that they wear black gis.

OP
R

rmcrobertson

You're right about Nightbreed, Mr. Strasbaugh. That WAS even funnier ("Commander Coal?"), and I truly kvelled, watching the video clip of the two tough guys who apparently haven't figured out, despite their expertise in the World's Greatest Combat System, that an easy knee to the balls ruins one's whole day.

Hey, I know. We need a Crappy Martial Arts tournament...Vadha vs. Tae-Bo! Comm. Coal vs. Count Dante (who is dead, but I don't see why that would matter) Eagle Claw vs. No-Touch!!...I'd pay cash money to see that stuff.

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
rmcrobertson said:
You're right about Nightbreed, Mr. Strasbaugh. That WAS even funnier ("Commander Coal?"), and I truly kvelled, watching the video clip of the two tough guys who apparently haven't figured out, despite their expertise in the World's Greatest Combat System, that an easy knee to the balls ruins one's whole day.

Hey, I know. We need a Crappy Martial Arts tournament...Vadha vs. Tae-Bo! Comm. Coal vs. Count Dante (who is dead, but I don't see why that would matter) Eagle Claw vs. No-Touch!!...I'd pay cash money to see that stuff.
I second the motion...how do we initiate such an event?

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
rmcrobertson said:
Referees- Ashida Kim, Frank Dux, Irving Soto :uhyeah:

OP
C

Chicago Green Dragon

Hey gotta love the music

Mortal Kombat.

Hmm didnt see the comment

%-} "Flawless Victory " %-}

Thanks for posting the link

Chicago Green Dragon

:asian:

pknox said:
We have these guys in NJ as well; evidently they spawned off of a school in Staten Island.

http://www.njvadhakempo.com/main.htm

Be warned -- the music they play in the background is both loud AND annoying. :)

I do remember reading somewhere where both the Vadha people and the Vadha Kempo people were trying to distance themselves from each other, saying that the styles were too dissimilar to share the same name. On this guy's website, he does at least mention that Vadha Kempo is a "hybrid" art, incorporating a whole bunch of other things besides Vadha. There's another guy in NJ who teaches MMA that also uses Vadha Kempo as his base.

From what I've seen (plus what I've read here), about the only thing VK has in common with AK is that they wear black gis.

OP
C

Chicago Green Dragon

Yep I was rolling around a bit too.

Chicago Green Dragon

:asian:

Kenpo5th said:
That is one of the funniest things I've ever read :rofl: :rofl: :erg:

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Simply put ... Dere's a suckah born ever' minute.

May the blessings of Great Grand Poobah Ashida Kim be upon you as you endeavor to obtain in a lifetime what you could learn in ten minutes from these bozos... er.... Instructors.
:partyon:

Latest Discussions