What is this hold called?

Tiberius

Green Belt
Reaction score
The opponent is on the back facing up and you are over him facing down. You spread your legs between his with your toes pointing outward, with your legs spreading his. I think its called grapevine in wrestling. What is it called in judo?

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The opponent is on the back facing up and you are over him facing down. You spread your legs between his with your toes pointing outward, with your legs spreading his. I think its called grapevine in wrestling. What is it called in judo?

Sexual assault.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Lulz maybe I described it wrong, here is a pic from wrestling.

http://www.wrestlingsbest.com/photos/zh67.jpg
Somebody who is very experienced in Judo used it, so I assumed it is part of judo.

Is this in judo? And what is it called?

Yeah, that's not what I got from your description either. I was gonna go with rape, too. Not sure what this technique is called, sorry. Looks like some kind of knee lock though. Is that legal in wrestling?

/not a wrestler

OP
T

Tiberius

Green Belt
Reaction score
Well I think the pic looks exactly like what I described.

EDIT. Ah okay, now that I reviewed the pic, I see that your legs are on the outside of the opponents legs and the shins and ankels are between your opponents legs. Sorry I didnt have a good view when she did it.

Tanaka

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Well I think the pic looks exactly like what I described.

EDIT. Ah okay, now that I reviewed the pic, I see that your legs are on the outside of the opponents legs and the shins and ankels are between your opponents legs. Sorry I didnt have a good view when she did it.
Yeah normally I will do that when I'm applying a choke from Tate Shiho Gatame

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
BJJ, that's just full mount, which is basically what tate shiho gatame is. Isn't it? Not a hold per se, but more of a position. While you can go for some chokes, such as the ezekial, it's more for maintaining control and maybe catching your breath.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BJJ, that's just full mount, which is basically what tate shiho gatame is. Isn't it? Not a hold per se, but more of a position. While you can go for some chokes, such as the ezekial, it's more for maintaining control and maybe catching your breath.

We call it mount too and getting the legs 'tucked in' is getting your hooks in.

Tanaka

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Yes, that's right.
Tate Shiho Gatame is normally referred to as "Full Mount" in english grappling.
It's considered a pin/hold

dortiz

Black Belt
Reaction score
Whats cool and specific about that one shown is that you are locking out both arms at the same time with arm bars. Graphic, but cool.

Latest Discussions