What is the worst injury you've ever had?

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Haven't had too many serious injuries...

Partially tore an ankle ligament doing a skateboard trick (a pop shove-it in case you were wondering) down a 4 or 5 stair when I was about 14 or 15 years old.

Also partially tore an ankle ligament by rolling my ankle bad in a point sparring tournament couple of years ago.

Still dealing with chronic pelvic pain but that's more of an accumulated "injury".

Ah and badly sprained intercostal (rib) muscles during my 4th kyu grading. Probably from a knee to the ribs I think. That one was painful and took AGES to heal...

JP3

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah and badly sprained intercostal (rib) muscles during my 4th kyu grading. Probably from a knee to the ribs I think. That one was painful and took AGES to heal...
Bet you learned that lesson... MUCH better to "no be there" when a knee strike is inbound...ouch...

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Bet you learned that lesson... MUCH better to "no be there" when a knee strike is inbound...ouch...
Haha yep, although it was incredibly difficult as I was seeing stars all around me at that point, so my vision was not all there! XD

Razznik

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Nothing compared to you guys, but I ran so hard into a glass door that I got a pretty serious concussion. I went to the hospital and stayed there for some time. The problem was, my roommate had some sort of rare disease (I forgot what it was called) and it affected my nerves which sent sharp bursts of pain through my body once in several minutes (for the next week). OUCCCHHHHHHH.

Razznik

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Short version: Got mugged. Screwed up the block. Can't see out of a prosthetic.
My uncle went through something similar. He went to a bar with his girlfriend and on the way back a bunch of muggers beat him up so hard that he had amnesia. He thankfully recovered though. :)