What is the proper etiquette when inviting an instructor out to lunch?

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
ThatGuy said:
That's because you teach TKD, and not a real martial art! :boing2:

Just another closed minded individual who is insecure in their own training. Your path is not the only one to the top of the mountain my friend and when we all get to the top the view for all of us is pretty much the same!

In the spirit of Bushido!

Rob

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
The party in question is no longer a member here. Lets not let the negative or trollish words of some get the best of us folks.

So...back to the main topic of discussion. :ultracool

Thanks,

Mike

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
arnisador said:
Unless I'm mistaken, Wong Fei Hung existed, but he is most famous as a mythical character who grew from that person's stories, roughly akin to Robin Hood. This was the child's character in Iron Monkey, starring Jet Li. I would be extraordinarily suspicious of this claim.
It's really not that uncommon. 3rd Generation from Wong Fei Hung would be somebody like... Bucksam Kong or YC Wong.

Wong Fei Hung --> Lam Sai Wing --> Lam Jo --> 3rd generation

While yes it's kinda prestegious, the success & notariety of the Lam family carrying WFH's Hung Ga made for lots of teachers out there that are 3rd generation students of WFH.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hmmm, maybe it's more likely than I thought, then. I train JKD under a 3rd generation student of Bruce Lee, after all.

Still, I'd investigate a claim like that carefully.

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
Tigerandcrane just wondering how you are doing with this? Have you had your lunch yet with this instructor? Just curious!

In the spirit of Bushido!

Rob

B

BaktoBasics

Who does this sifu think he is? I'd go to another school if I were you - what a joke; take the sifu out for lunch. If a tutorial or lecture is full can you take out the lecturer for lunch and get in? NO! why? because they have some integrity. That's a joke/

Save your dining cash for your girlfriend (or boyfriend) ... or even better, yourself!

Latest Discussions