What is ninjitsu?

Finlay

Green Belt
Reaction score
The ninjitsu people I am are get constanly harangued but ninja and turtle jibes

I am equally sure for the most part it doesn' bother you.

However

From the practitiners here what separates ninjitsu from other similar Japanese style like ju jitsu

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
I would ask... is there anything that is different about ninjutsu as it is actually practiced that separates it from more common koryu arts?

BrendanF

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I would ask... is there anything that is different about ninjutsu as it is actually practiced that separates it from more common koryu arts?

If by 'ninjutsu' you mean the 'x-kan' practice, then.. yes, there are many things that are different.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
If by 'ninjutsu' you mean the 'x-kan' practice, then.. yes, there are many things that are different.
i actually have no idea what "X-kan" is.
perhaps my alternative spelling was misleading.

BrendanF

Purple Belt
Reaction score
'X-kan' refers to the Bujinkan/Jinenkan/Genbukan - those schools derived from Mr Hatsumi. I was assuming that is what you mean by 'ninjutsu'. Of course there are koryu bugei which teach some elements of ninjutsu, but given the nature of the question I didn't think that's what you were talking about.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
'X-kan' refers to the Bujinkan/Jinenkan/Genbukan - those schools derived from Mr Hatsumi. I was assuming that is what you mean by 'ninjutsu'. Of course there are koryu bugei which teach some elements of ninjutsu, but given the nature of the question I didn't think that's what you were talking about.
ok got it. didnt know that was a reference to the Hatsumi lineage. so in that case then yes, that was what i was thinking.

Latest Discussions