What is a "Martial Artist"?

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A martial artist is one who studies a martial art, that is, a system of techniques designed for close-quarters combat. This excludes barrom brawlers.

The honor aspect is important to me, but it isn't part of the basic definition in my mind.

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
BlackCatBonz said:
i think a lot of the chubby martial "artists" on this board, myself included, would take offense to the statement that we lack character and physical conditioning.

ive seen so-called overweight martial artists out perform and outlast other "athletes" in workouts and on the dojo floor.
My apologies, no offense was intended. I was speaking to a lack of character evidenced by his bullying behavior, not his physical weight. Chubby doesn't imply out of shape either, as doctors are now saying. I think Bob was trying to characterize this guy as someone who was a bully, morally deficient and didn't work out regularly - yet knew how to fight. I don't think any of this applies to you.

- quick edit: I mean any of the morally deficient, out of shape stuff, not the knows how to fight. Foot goes in mouth, again. LOL.

Latest Discussions