what i learned this week: best defense can be offense, some fat on the belly is good

martial sparrer

Orange Belt
Reaction score
from sparring last night I realized that sometimes a good defense can be offense. my sparring opponent lastnight continued to let me back him up to the point where I had him bent over holding his head. so I told him I was going to pressure him and back him up, and what he should do is uppercut or knee me in the stomache, or kick at my legs. I continued to back him up and threw a jab, cross hook combo. sometimes when in a fight or self defense situation you can impose your will with offense and land your shots. speed and confidence in your skills and not being afraid to get tagged can do so much for you. also, I have been obsessed with ripped abs for so long. now I realize that I have well developed abs but with some fat on them as well. when I flex my abs look great, when I don't you can see the little chubb. this little fat doesn't have to be a bad thing unless it affects your mobility. when yu really have to worry about stomache fat is when you stop being highly active. cheers

Latest Discussions