What fiction book are you currently reading?

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The title of the book is in 2 inch lettering
Tom Clancy's name is in 2 inch lettering
the phrase: "With Peter Telep" is in ¼ inch lettering.
I would estimate Clancy's contribution to the actual text of the book as slight, and very noticeable. When descriptions of tech or weapons are in the book, it is clearly Clancy. The rest I attribute to Telep. I am about 550 pages (of 750 some). Faster paced than Clancy's novels. Entertaining. I like it. Telep has apparently 40 some books out, I'll have to find a few.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The title of the book is in 2 inch lettering
Tom Clancy's name is in 2 inch lettering
the phrase: "With Peter Telep" is in ¼ inch lettering.
I would estimate Clancy's contribution to the actual text of the book as slight, and very noticeable. When descriptions of tech or weapons are in the book, it is clearly Clancy. The rest I attribute to Telep. I am about 550 pages (of 750 some). Faster paced than Clancy's novels. Entertaining. I like it. Telep has apparently 40 some books out, I'll have to find a few.

Interesting...

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
I would say Tom contributed more than just technical descriptions. At the launch of his imprint (The books starting with) Tom Clancy's Op Center I read an interview where he talked about doing character profiles and detailed outlines and handing it over to a writer to finish. He talked about how these original frameworks can sometimes be over 100 pages themselves, since it's the whole book scene for scene in a shorter form.

He's not the only one who works this way. There's Robert Ludlum's (like his covert One series), Stephen King's (cuz the last thing he wrote outright was Under The Dome) even Daniel Steele's.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I would say Tom contributed more than just technical descriptions. At the launch of his imprint (The books starting with) Tom Clancy's Op Center I read an interview where he talked about doing character profiles and detailed outlines and handing it over to a writer to finish. He talked about how these original frameworks can sometimes be over 100 pages themselves, since it's the whole book scene for scene in a shorter form.

He's not the only one who works this way. There's Robert Ludlum's (like his covert One series), Stephen King's (cuz the last thing he wrote outright was Under The Dome) even Daniel Steele's.

It's good to have people! ^_^

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It was good, I really liked it. I hope there is a follow up.
Going to the library in a few minutes to pick up Simon R Green's For Heaven's Eyes Only.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Currently reading "Orca" by Steven Brust. The 7th book in his Vlad Taltos series.

Latest Discussions