What do you think of Jake Mace?

amateur

Orange Belt
Reaction score
He's a highly controversial kung fu teacher that has posted several youtube videos.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
He seems to be a personable guy who’s in excellent physical shape. As far as his technique goes ... I wouldn’t recommend him even if you were interested in one of the styles he professes to teach.

His background is in Shaolin Do, which despite the name has no actual connection to the Shaolin temple and only a remote connection to CMA in general.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
Someone asked this exact same question in Oct. 2017.
My remarks then still stand.
"Not ever heard of him but did look up a few videos.
Based on the portions of two videos I viewed...Beware!"

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Who?

He's a highly controversial kung fu teacher that has posted several youtube videos.
Oh. Why would I care?

That's actually a serious question. Why do I, or anyone else, care about what Jake is teaching?

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can't comment on his vegan videos, because I haven't watched them and don't know enough to judge anyway.

Some of his gardening stuff is good, some is very climate specific.

The majority of his fitness stuff is at least passable, ranging up to good.

He looked awful when he shaved his head.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I disagree just because you don't know how to properly use a razor on the head doesn't mean he looked awful. See here is another example of head shaving on youtube so since I found it on the youtubes I'm then I'm right and your wrong

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
I disagree just because you don't know how to properly use a razor on the head doesn't mean he looked awful

That's not the reason he looked awful at all.

He looked awful because he's got the wrong shape head for intentional lack of hair.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
That's not the reason he looked awful at all.

He looked awful because he's got the wrong shape head for intentional lack of hair.
Well since you have no youtube proof of misshapen heads your point is not valid.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well since you have no youtube proof of misshapen heads your point is not valid.

I don't need YouTube proof, I have ancient anecdotal evidence.

And my own misshapen head, which is going to remain hairy until genetics decide otherwise.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
But hows your neck?

Charles-Dion-McDowell-2-mugs.jpg

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Those necks are obviously designed to prevent them getting their heads stuck in railings.

OP
A

amateur

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I can't comment on his vegan videos, because I haven't watched them and don't know enough to judge anyway.

Some of his gardening stuff is good, some is very climate specific.

The majority of his fitness stuff is at least passable, ranging up to good.

I think I made it obvious that I'm interested neither in his diet nor in his hairstyle. I asked you to judge him as a martial artist.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I made it obvious that I'm interested neither in his diet nor in his hairstyle. I asked you to judge him as a martial artist.
We sometimes get goofy around here.

Ah, who'm I kidding? We sometimes manage to be serious long enough to make sense around here.

OP
A

amateur

Orange Belt
Reaction score
We sometimes get goofy around here.

Ah, who'm I kidding? We sometimes manage to be serious long enough to make sense around here.

I used to be something like that too. But, having been perma banned from several forums AND youtube, with no right to appeal, I'm way more careful what I post nowadays.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to be something like that too. But, having been perma banned from several forums AND youtube, with no right to appeal, I'm way more careful what I post nowadays.
Well, I've managed not to get banned for it, so silliness appears to be reasonably safe here.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If that's a concern of yours, read through this post MartialTalk.com Forum Rules and Procedures

Ultimately, be civil with people, don't try to incite things among posters, watch out with advertising, avoid politics, and no challenge matches. There's more to it obviously, but that's the basics and you can read the rest at your leisure.

Last edited:

MetalBoar

Black Belt
Reaction score
I think if you look at the following in the forum rules you may see why people are limiting their assessment to diet and hairstyle and perhaps get most of the answer you're looking for:

1.10.3 No Individual Bashing / Fraud Busting

Latest Discussions