What can a 10th dan do that a 5th dan can't?

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe it is my disbelief that makes it not work, but I prefer to believe the physics behind it is just not there.

Physiology has alot to do with it from one person to the next even all of you who practice different styles of grapling or manipulation have found some people less effected or in some cases it like thier nerves are dead in places so you have to adapt and look for targets of oportunity.
Nerve strikes and pressure points vary somewhat from person to person and in their effectiveness. The effects of adrenal or drugs can magnify this. But they can and do work. And they're NOT the mystical no-touch "ki energy" knockout.
The basic theory or rather physics related to electrical impulses on some strike points are interupted by pain or duress this is why many need to come with out warning while the person is relaxed, others you want them to resist so it sets up a different group in another area.
Sorry, but this makes no sense. The electrical energy one person can generate is limited, unless you're the offspring of an unauthorized experimentation with electric eels. If we're going to talk about physics and a possible scientific basis -- we can't play by half the rules of science.

The Taser can induce it's effect without direct contact on the body. The shaped pulse that Taser, Inc. has developed generates approximately 10000 volts, which will arc through a fair amount of clothing. The initial charge dissipates rapidly, and is formed to their proprietary muscle locking pulse. You can read the physiology and physics involved in many places, including their own web page.
The one inch puch was never a one inch punch the trick was that some were so fast you did not see them pull back and actually even the speed is part myth. Its slight of hand or miss direction to hide what you are really doing. In the old times it was called facination which was at type of hypnotisim if you could get them to watch your eyes they won't see what your hands are doing.
Actually, there are true one-inch punches. They rely on the whole body generating power, rather than merely the arm. I not only know how to do them, but have taught them. Heck -- you can find articles teaching it if you're willing to work on it. There's no hypnotism, mesmerism, or "facination" involved, nor is there misdirection or sleight of hand.

I have seen and felt energy and forces that I can't explain. I've not seen anyone able to generate anything that I'm willing to call a no-touch knockout. No-touch throws -- yes. Often, these involve incredible timing in pulling away from a committed strike in such a manner that it leads the attacker in. I know we can sense and feel when someone is watching us. Again -- not the same thing as being a even a few inches away and knocking someone out without touching them. I know people who can hit harder than the raw physics would suggest they could, too. My suspicion is that a careful analysis using human kinetics or kinesiology, and the physics involved, would show that what is actually happening is harnessing every bit of potential power/force available to them.

Last edited:

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
No touch knockout! Ridiculous! Shall we say absurd? It will not work in a physical confrontation when someone is trying to take your head off and steal your belonging's. Why? Because that person just does not believe in the mysticism. Simply put, no one can knock you out unless you buy into their sugestion. So if you are like me and most other rational people then you simply will not buy into it! I am more than willing to put up a $1,000 to entice someone to try and no touch knockout me and my friend Rich Parsons or someone else will second me. (ie standing behind so their is no hijinks) It will be video taped of course and their will be no one standing behind us and we will have our hands up! The deal is they get one shot at it with absolutely no contact. If contact happens then they get KO'ed by us! (right quick too) I will of course have lots of local media and try to get Penn and Teller or someone else there to also show the complete rubish that is this parlor trick! Sorry but not buying into this ridiculous trick that is perpetuated on unsuspecting students and the public! Now, I am not saying it cannot be done just that you need someone that is suggestible to you! That is the key! However try it on someone who doesn't buy into your mysticism/crap and you are out of luck! ;)

Yes I have seen the parlor trick performed and understand the dynamics and yes it can be done on a suggestible student! However, step out and try it on Joe Blow MMA/Kickboxer/Muay Thai/Street Punk and well you will not like the results! ;)
James Randi still has a cool million burning a whole in his pocket, just show, "under proper observing conditions, evidence of any paranormal, supernatural, or occult power..." I think that a no-touch knockout would easily qualify as supernatural, no?

If you can do it -- who can't use a million US dollars? And if you can't -- win it, and share! Bob could use a new server or 10 for MartialTalk!

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
Look man, it's proven proven proven I tell ya. Here.....take a look:

[yt]qa1nzD-n25Q[/yt]

Fox news....

Of course it works. Against people who believe it.
If you really believe in this crap, you should wonder why you never see it in the ring.
I could be king of the UFC!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It will be some sort of conspiracy that you don't see it in the UFC, it's in the fighters contract's that that fighters don't use this deadly move etc. Believe me there's nothing worse for a promoter than KOs in the first minute of the first round !

If this no touch KO existed, martial arts as a whole would be completely different, we probably wouldn't have TKD, karate etc and certainly no need for any grappling arts at all. It would all be defence against the dark arts stuff with wands fighting off the the vibes from the no touch people. :ultracool

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The no touch KO is the same dynamic that is seen in so-called faith healing services where believers line up to be 'slain in the spirit' by people like Benny Hinn. At such services, people with visible disabilities, such as wheel chair bound people, are kept far and away from the 'healer' as the 'healer' knows that these people will not be able to get up after being 'slain in the spirit' and thus will ruin the credibility of the show.

Daniel

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
They also always have someone right behind the people to pull them down if necessary. (ie they do not get slain/knocked out) So the show will go on no matter what! ;)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
No touch knockout! Ridiculous! Shall we say absurd? It will not work in a physical confrontation when someone is trying to take your head off and steal your belonging's. Why? Because that person just does not believe in the mysticism. Simply put, no one can knock you out unless you buy into their sugestion. So if you are like me and most other rational people then you simply will not buy into it! I am more than willing to put up a $1,000 to entice someone to try and no touch knockout me and my friend Rich Parsons or someone else will second me. (ie standing behind so their is no hijinks) It will be video taped of course and their will be no one standing behind us and we will have our hands up! The deal is they get one shot at it with absolutely no contact. If contact happens then they get KO'ed by us! (right quick too) I will of course have lots of local media and try to get Penn and Teller or someone else there to also show the complete rubish that is this parlor trick! Sorry but not buying into this ridiculous trick that is perpetuated on unsuspecting students and the public! Now, I am not saying it cannot be done just that you need someone that is suggestible to you! That is the key! However try it on someone who doesn't buy into your mysticism/crap and you are out of luck! ;)

Yes I have seen the parlor trick performed and understand the dynamics and yes it can be done on a suggestible student! However, step out and try it on Joe Blow MMA/Kickboxer/Muay Thai/Street Punk and well you will not like the results! ;)

Remember this guy

Those that teach the infamous no touch knockout have successfully done one thing.... taught there students how to fall down

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It really is a sad state! Since we know better we all need to educate our friends when they see this stuff and let them know how ridiculous it is!
icon6.gif

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It really is a sad state! Since we know better we all need to educate our friends when they see this stuff and let them know how ridiculous it is!
icon6.gif
One of the hindrances is that people want to believe this stuff. In many cases, the more dan grades and titles the person holds, the better. Not because they have earned it, but because people want their instructors and organizational heads to have this mystique and titles make them seem mysterious to many people. "A tenth dan... he must know many secrets.."

People buy into it often because they want to. Sadly.

Daniel

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I still cannot go to a gearge Dillman seminar because of his no touch B.S., all I would do is laugh and laugh and laugh. People that believe in this crap please send me your money and I will certainly knock some sense into you.

Latest Discussions