Pakistani man sets martial arts world record

KenpoVzla

Green Belt
Reaction score
http://www.anytimesnews.com/2010/10/31/pakistani-man-sets-martial-arts-world-record

Islamabad, Oct 31 (IANS) Ahmed Hussain, a martial arts expert from Pakistan’s Khyber Pakhtoonkhwa province, has set a new world record with 1,110 kicks in 30 minutes, a media report said.

Hussain, who hails from Upper Dir district, set this new record in the presence of two judges at the Peshawar Press Club, Geo News reported.

He also improved his previous best record of most kicks in one minute with 146 kicks. His previous best was 144 kicks in a minute.

Hussain also holds the world record for the highest number of punches in a minute at 400 punches.
I remember seeing Chloe Bruce do 210 kicks for the 1 minute record. 1,110 kicks would be good to see as well.

Here's the 1 minute record video.
(Go to 5:50 for the start of the actual record)
[yt]XJD9RqlPkCU[/yt]

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I`d be more interested to know how fast he can do it with reasonable power behind the strikes. I`ve seen guys claiming incredible speed records for contact that could only be called a strike because two people touched.

First Action

Orange Belt
Reaction score
i agree, theres no point in doing that many punches if none of them have any effect

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
Having looked at the vid, I cannot say that I am impressed.
Yes, they are more limber than I am. No contest. But my 3 year old daughter kicks harder than that.

Perhaps they should have used that type of TKD armor which only registers hits if they are hard enough.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coming from such a badly devasted region I imagine it was done to hopefully make some money, I hope he does and it makes things a bit better.
I can easily overlook powerless punches etc for that reason.

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The guy got out and did something positive. Highest number of punches is no less of a stage stunt than many of the other staples of martial arts, such as speed breaks (heck, most breaks). Nothing wrong with breaking, but primarily, it is a demonstration tool used to wow the audience and to generate interest in the arts.

Kudos to him for going out and doing something to generate interest in something positive.

Daniel

OP
KenpoVzla

KenpoVzla

Green Belt
Reaction score
There's always a trade off or sacrifice in power when you go for that many repetitions. Heck, there's a trade off when you do any double kick.

This record still leaves me wondering how many kicks I can do in 30minutes....might just try it sometime.