What are Reputation Points and how do you get them?

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey, Drac, my favorite song! But I learned it as:

Everybody hates me,
Nobody loves me,
Guess I'll go eat worms.

At least, that's how I've been singing it the last 50 years. :lol:

That's probably the correct version..The tall hottie nurse I use to date sung to me once when I was wallowing in self pity, alcohol was involved so I probably don't recall it verbatim..

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Using the NEW system, how many reps must a person receive before it changes the greenies?

I believe it is 100 points a new little light goes on, so at this rate I'll have all my star back twenty year after I'm dead
icon10.gif

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Call me oblivious but ... Somewhere on page 5 or so of this thread it was pointed out that someone could give reps by clicking on the scale icon. Where is this icon? I just don't see it.

(I did, however, find out that several people had left me positive notes over the past few weeks. Thanks!)

** EDIT ** Never mind. When this posted, it came up with the doohickey. Maybe I didn't see it before since this thread has been around for so long.

<blush>

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Flea, there are some forums where you cannot get nor give reputation. It may not always be there - if you don't see it, the forum you're in is reputation-free.

;)

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Ok, I know this thread has probably run its course.

But one last question "how is rep power determined"?

I understand the green/red/neut. squares-tiles, but unsure of the actual rep power. I Probably missed it somewhere...

Thanks again,

Last edited:

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, I know this thread has probably run its course.

But one last question "how is rep power determined"?

I understand the green/red/neut. squares-tiles, but unsure of the actual rep power. I Probably missed it somewhere...

Thanks again,
Number of posts, plus time, in years, from when you joined MT. Not only do you need to make sense, but have done it a lot over a long time.
icon7.gif

I hope it helps.

OP
Guro Harold

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow, that simple little question that I asked a while back started a thread with over 200 replies and almost 16,000 views.

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Wow, that simple little question that I asked a while back started a thread with over 200 replies and almost 16,000 views.
I still do not understand it. The little pips and the rep number thing do not always correlate. Different folk on the same number have different amounts of pips? Oh well, I am sure it all means something to somebody :)
Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's complex.

Rep power is different from Rep Level/score.

You for example have a rep power of 4, meaning if you give me rep, you'll add/subtract up to 4 points from my rep score.

Your rep level or score is indicated by colored dots.
You have 4 green dots, which indicates a good reputation, a decent rep score, and that people like what you say. Red dots indicate they don't like what you say.

At higher levels there are yellow/gold stars which indicate really good rep.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's complex.

Rep power is different from Rep Level/score.

You for example have a rep power of 4, meaning if you give me rep, you'll add/subtract up to 4 points from my rep score.

Your rep level or score is indicated by colored dots.
You have 4 green dots, which indicates a good reputation, a decent rep score, and that people like what you say. Red dots indicate they don't like what you say.

At higher levels there are yellow/gold stars which indicate really good rep.

Bob,

I have a green dot from someone who only has a 4 for Rep Power. Does this mean that even though it was positive it never did add to my total?

From your FAQ on Repuatations which is linked a couple of posts above as well.

http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58104&highlight=reputation

Minimum Reputation Count : 10
How much reputation must a user have before his reputation hits count on others?

Thanks

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks a lot, clears up a lot.

But I do have a few last questions (promise)

If a user gives you a rep point and there account is later suspended or becomes inactive, will there rep point's on your user cp also go away? Or become neut?

And I gave a rep point w/comment to Luckyboxer but it came out neut, but everyone else I gave one out to was green. Is there a reason for that? I don't think its rep power because I had less rep point previously & it was still green when I sent some out to
Xue & JadeCloud, etc...

Thanks a lot,
sorry, no more questions after this one.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What does a grey rep mean? Is that like his/her rep is not powerful enough to affect me?

Pretty much. You can give rep as long as you're not in the negatives, however if you have less than 10 points of rep (not rep power), it's neutralized.

Bob,

I have a green dot from someone who only has a 4 for Rep Power. Does this mean that even though it was positive it never did add to my total?

From your FAQ on Repuatations which is linked a couple of posts above as well.

http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58104&highlight=reputation

Thanks

Rep level is the dots. Rep power is different.

Thanks a lot, clears up a lot.

But I do have a few last questions (promise)

If a user gives you a rep point and there account is later suspended or becomes inactive, will there rep point's on your user cp also go away? Or become neut?

Nope. It remains.

And I gave a rep point w/comment to Luckyboxer but it came out neut, but everyone else I gave one out to was green. Is there a reason for that? I don't think its rep power because I had less rep point previously & it was still green when I sent some out to
Xue & JadeCloud, etc...

Thanks a lot,
sorry, no more questions after this one.

That may have been done prior to you having enough points for it to count.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rep level is the dots. Rep power is different.

And is one Green "DOT" or Box ten points?

If it it then it all makes sense now.

I person brand new, cannot give out Reputation, but if they posts few times, and some people like them, so they get some points, and now they can add their rep power to others as they have positive points.

Thanks

Latest Discussions