What am I allowed to post?

First Action

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hi,

I have written a book. I would like to give away copies to the community in return for testimonials.

I dont want to break any forum rules so just thought Id ask if this was ok first. And if so, what is the best place to post it in

The topic of the book is street fighting.

Thanks

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi,

I have written a book. I would like to give away copies to the community in return for testimonials.

I dont want to break any forum rules so just thought Id ask if this was ok first. And if so, what is the best place to post it in

The topic of the book is street fighting.

Thanks

I've sent a message to the powers that be to answer your question here. I'm sure you'll get a response within the next 24 hours.

Great question!

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The easy answer is: become a supporting member. Supporting members can (amoung other benefits) post advertisements.

And if you looking for people to review your book, I'd be happy to volunteer.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Post a press release in the News area and you'll be ok rules-wise
:)

OP
First Action

First Action

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Does it have to be a proper press release? Can I just post that I want reveiwers in exchange for testimonials and leave it like that.. ie short and simple?

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does it have to be a proper press release? Can I just post that I want reveiwers in exchange for testimonials and leave it like that.. ie short and simple?
I see what you're doing..asking the proper way to ask for reviewers/testimonials in a way that lets everyone know what you want so you dont have to worry about asking correctly...sneaky sneaky...:lookie:

DennisBreene

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I see what you're doing..asking the proper way to ask for reviewers/testimonials in a way that lets everyone know what you want so you dont have to worry about asking correctly...sneaky sneaky...:lookie:

He's Clever this one :)

OP
First Action

First Action

Orange Belt
Reaction score

That wasnt my intention. I just want to know if I have to write a full on press release or not... because thats alot more work than just asking outright.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Becoming a supporting member isn't much work at all.
And being a Lifetime Supporting Member is wicked easy. Plus you get to support a seriously cool martial arts web site :) :)

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can just do whatever writeup you like and post in the news/press release area.

But I'd still encourage you to become a Supporting Member. :)

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You can just do whatever writeup you like and post in the news/press release area.

But I'd still encourage you to become a Supporting Member. :)

Pretty much. Most press releases are short, they just follow a basic pattern with some contact info at the bottom. I just suggest the PR format as some of the search bots that index us look for those specifically. Regular announcements good too. :)

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I recently published a martial arts book as well, and was wondering the same thing about submitting it for reviews without being banned as a spammer. Thanks for this thread!

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thought I'd comment here, again...

Please consider registering as a Supporting Member. It'll help keep the site running.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I recently published a martial arts book as well, and was wondering the same thing about submitting it for reviews without being banned as a spammer. Thanks for this thread!

You can post a press release in the news area.

If you're participating in the forum discussions, sharing information, being social, etc, it goes a long way towards not being looked at as spammy, compared to someone who pops in and just seems to make every post about "buy my book/video/shirt/new head thumping stick" :)

Check out the ad sections. Some of those may be open to you as well. A Supporting membership opens all of them for posting. Current rate is $21.95 for the year, but I believe a 30 day trial is available for $5.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
You can post a press release in the news area.

If you're participating in the forum discussions, sharing information, being social, etc, it goes a long way towards not being looked at as spammy, compared to someone who pops in and just seems to make every post about "buy my book/video/shirt/new head thumping stick" :)

Check out the ad sections. Some of those may be open to you as well. A Supporting membership opens all of them for posting. Current rate is $21.95 for the year, but I believe a 30 day trial is available for $5.

Bob,

Thanks for the tip. I was posting on the boards a few weeks ago, but every one I am interested in seems to have gone dead. Oh what the heck...I will start posting again and maybe kick some life back into them.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We go through cycles, and anyone willing to kick things back up is very welcome here. :)

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It takes time, sometimes a long time, sometimes it doesn't take. But Sometimes it does :) and it's appreciated!

Latest Discussions