Wesley Snipes running from the law?

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
He will appeal all the way to the Supreme Court and they will finally stop the IRS's illegal practices and stop this unconsitutional income tax.

Unconstitutional?!? It's the sixteenth amendment! It is by definition constitutional.

Bodhisattva

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I guess owing about 50 million dollars in back taxes and before the trial telling them " i don't have to pay taxes"... you get the max.. so he does 3 years in a prison.. who knows may end up being maximum security as he is a known martial artist... either way in the federal system i understand you do the whole 3 years..........

They don't give "known martial artsists" maximum security just because they do martial arts.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
that is a topic for another thread :)

Oh Dave! You cut me off at the pass :D. Now I'll be knowingly going off-topic if I respond to this and will get told off :(. So I'll stay focussed on the man at the centre and remain unpunished (hopefully :)).

If Mr. Snipes was truly trying to make a point about taxation, then I'd go with the guess that says why he handed over $5M because his lawyer told him it would be a good idea. After all, can't do much about fighting the system if you imprisioned ... can you? Well, given the experience of the Chartists, actually no you can't but I'm sure if we looked we could find some examples where an incarcerated 'hero' of a cause did some good.

Anyone?

Senjojutsu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
In the Blade movies remember one of his favorite nicknames for vampires?

“SUCKHEADS”

Vampires… IRS Agents… what’s the diff I ask? :rpo:

Snipes most likely will serve time in one of those ‘Club Fed” prisons, famous for the inmates being released in the best shape of the (middle-aged) lives – compared to how they went in.

It’s still prison however.
One must be aware of midnight prostate exams and avoid the showers for a few days after they show the 1972 movie “Deliverance”.

Tax Evasion. Doesn’t anyone remember Al Capone nowadays?

cdunn

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Don't know much inside info, all I know is what the 16th amendment to the Constitution says (posted below). The following link has some annotations on the specifics of the amendment.

All I really need to know is, if you don't pay your taxes, the IRS will prosecute and send you to jail.

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/data/constitution/amendment16/

[SIZE=+1]The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration. [/SIZE]

While I don't have the patience to go find the text of the actual bills themselves, CFR 26.1.1(b) states:

Code of Federal Regulation said:
(b) Citizens or residents of the United States liable to tax. In
general, all citizens of the United States, wherever resident, and all
resident alien individuals are liable to the income taxes imposed by the
Code whether the income is received from sources within or without the
United States.

There's not much true weasel room there. Buffaloing a judge in a tax case does not mean that the arguments used to do so are correct.

OP
Tames D

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Doe's doing prison time take care of his tax debt or doe's he still owe the money on top of doing time? I'm guessing he'll still owe the bucks. If so, it will be interesting to see how he handles it, you know, with his principles and all...

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=+1]Judge rules Snipes must reimburse government[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Actor Wesley Snipes must reimburse the government in prosecution costs for his tax conviction.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]According to court documents, U.S. District Court Judge William Terrell Hodges ruled last week the action film star must reimburse the government about $217,000. [/SIZE][/FONT]

Harsh!

Dark Gift Concepts

Orange Belt
Reaction score
It will be like a private vacation with facility's to work out in and maybe even a big screen with popcorn for his lady's he will have over on the weekends..lol

The Anarchist

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I heard about this when it happened. When I did I was like "a man doesn't want an institution (which can only use force, and as follows its true power is punishment) to have a stake in his earnings? The horror!"

Leik, omg!

bowser666

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I remember this and all he had to do was pay his taxes and his nose would have been kept clean. Shame on him for not paying. I have to pay, you have to pay, what makes him so special ?

Latest Discussions