Martial Arts Weapon Possession Can Be A Felony

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
Behind every stupid law, there is a stupid person that caused the law.

I'm not sure if it was a knee jerk reaction altogether, but speaking with a long time LA County guy during that time you had a lot of gang members taking them around. As to their use, not sure if they actually used them or not.

TieXiongJi

Green Belt
Reaction score
Behind every stupid law, there is a stupid person that caused the law.

I'm not sure if it was a knee jerk reaction altogether, but speaking with a long time LA County guy during that time you had a lot of gang members taking them around. As to their use, not sure if they actually used them or not.
Too bad not a ton of personal videos from that time. I would like to see a real fight using kung fu weapons :) Must have been an interesting sight to see though...

crazydiamond

Purple Belt
Reaction score
It is likely my neighbor think I am insane because, on occasion, I am doing parts of weapons forms with shovels, rakes, hoe, various lawn tools, and occasionally an hatchet.

Thanks to FMA I have trained with a number of hand held "weapons" including things like a tactical flashlight and pens. I have just started to explore hammer fighting. Not against the law to carry one - unless everything looks like a nail.

Warning - Graphic content.:hungover:

Last edited:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Thanks to FMA I have trained with a number of hand held "weapons" including things like a tactical flashlight and pens. I have just started to explore hammer fighting. Not against the law to carry one - unless everything looks like a nail.

Warning - Graphic content.:hungover:

But you can't take a hammer on an airplane....... come to think of it...you can't take a shovel or rake either :D