Well, things could be worse

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
While presidential Candidate Barrak Obama wants every one to leave his wife alone, even though he is using her on the campaign trail, things could be much, much worse:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/africa/article4116638.ece

Robert Mugabe's militia burn opponent’s wife alive
Robert Mugabe’s bloody regime has sunk to a grotesque new low in anticipation of the run-off presidential elections

The men who pulled up in three white pickup trucks were looking for Patson Chipiro, head of the Zimbabwean opposition party in Mhondoro district. His wife, Dadirai, told them he was in Harare but would be back later in the day, and the men departed.

An hour later they were back. They grabbed Mrs Chipiro and chopped off one of her hands and both her feet. Then they threw her into her hut, locked the door and threw a petrol bomb through the window.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your first sentence indicates you don't take this very seriously.

thardey

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yup, things could be worse! I feel better now. Now that things are in perspective, that is.

Actually, no, now I want to puke.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Terrorism in one of its most brutal cases. Things like this happen in all to many countries and we here little about them most of the time.
It is one hell of a way to make people either run, not vote, vote, or fight.

As for the claim of Britain and the United States being behind this and other atrocities, who knows, certainly not me

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sadly true, Irene.

Can anyone but me remember when Mugabe was the media darling (back in the days when Angela Rippon used to read the news)?

How times have changed since the country used to be called Rhodesia :(.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
Can anyone but me remember when Mugabe was the media darling (back in the days when Angela Rippon used to read the news)?

Common story, unfortunately. Rebel leader and/or People's Savior comes into power promising to make everything better and do away with the horrible abuses of the ancien regime. Goes on to become even worse than the ones he replaced. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. See also: Idi Amin.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Aye - it's enough to make you give up on humanity some nights :( :(.

RandomPhantom700

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Yeah, I mean, Mrs. Obama isn't being burned alive, what the hell's he complainin about? We're not the LOWEST OF THE LOW, so obviously things are fine, right?

:BSmeter:

OP
Twin Fist

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
apparently the material is copywritten,so sorry i had no idea. i will happily delete the thread if i can figure out how............

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
apparently the material is copywritten,so sorry i had no idea. i will happily delete the thread if i can figure out how............

No need to delete the thread; the quote has been trimmed as appropriate. Please continue the discussion.

OP
Twin Fist

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
i really apologize guys, i didnt realize that posting the whole thing was a legal issue.

Sorry.

Latest Discussions