Weird clicking behind kneecap

Ivan

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have had this weird clicking behind my knee for at most a year now, and it developed soon after I started Taekwondo. It began when I would get over excited when I was home alone and randomly doing side kicks without having stretched before hand :happy: The clicking has never been painful, but it's not clicking from the bone. It's on the back side of my right knee, a bit to the right from the center. Recently, about a month ago, I have started stretching almost every night before going to sleep, except for some nights when I would come home from work, or stay up late and be too tired to do them, so like every 2-5 days. Today, it hasn't clicked but I've had an ever so slight yet lingering pain where it usually clicks and I am kind of worried that since it isn't bone clicking, it might build up to something serious. The pain is so slight, that it's like I am imagining it, maybe like a sort of discomfort.

I actually have taekwondo tomorrow, and it will be my first session in two weeks, due to studying and work. Any thoughts on how I should take the session, what this might be, how to manage it etc?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have had this weird clicking behind my knee for at most a year now, and it developed soon after I started Taekwondo. It began when I would get over excited when I was home alone and randomly doing side kicks without having stretched before hand :happy: The clicking has never been painful, but it's not clicking from the bone. It's on the back side of my right knee, a bit to the right from the center. Recently, about a month ago, I have started stretching almost every night before going to sleep, except for some nights when I would come home from work, or stay up late and be too tired to do them, so like every 2-5 days. Today, it hasn't clicked but I've had an ever so slight yet lingering pain where it usually clicks and I am kind of worried that since it isn't bone clicking, it might build up to something serious. The pain is so slight, that it's like I am imagining it, maybe like a sort of discomfort.

I actually have taekwondo tomorrow, and it will be my first session in two weeks, due to studying and work. Any thoughts on how I should take the session, what this might be, how to manage it etc?
bone clicking is ( potentially )serious, non bone clicking is just strange, i mean really what is clicking, you've not lost a watch have you

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's deathwatch beetle.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score

You really need to see your doctor. I have had a fair amount of leg/knee injuries and it sounds like it could be a meniscus tear but it could also be many other, less bothersome issues. Get checked out.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
You've had this for a year, and all of a sudden you're worried about it?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ivan, I'm not a doctor so take what I suggest with a grain of salt.

You should cover yourself with a half dozen, willing women, a few years older than yourself.
Works pretty good.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score

You should cover yourself with a half dozen, willing women, a few years older than yourself.
Works pretty good.
That might kill him, but his knee will feel better. :)

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That might kill him, but his knee will feel better. :)

Stopping a wee shy of expiring is probably best.

I'm pretty sure that's where the term "a near death experience" came from.

Also the famous line orthopedic surgeons use, "Why does his knee seem to be smiling?"

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score

Works pretty good.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Latest Discussions