WC Real Fight?

noob

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Have any experienced practitioners ever been attacked and had to resort to using Wing Chun as defense? If so, can you please tell the story and say how effective you felt the fighting style was?

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
Have any experienced practitioners ever been attacked and had to resort to using Wing Chun as defense? If so, can you please tell the story and say how effective you felt the fighting style was?

Not really a fight , more of an attempted assault.

Without going into too much detail , some bloke for whatever reason grabbed me by the shoulder and had his arm drawn back about to punch me.

I pivoted and used the Fak Sau (side slashed him in the face with the edge of my hand) he dropped and I left.

We were probably both lucky that I'd had a few sherbets and my targeting was off , because the proper technique is to the throat.

OP
N

noob

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
nice 1 good job! This is what it's for! Glad to hear it worked well :)

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score

Well that particular application against that type of attack had been worked on a lot before , you can't expect to just do the forms and chi sau and expect that somehow by magic you will pull out the correct application from the form at the time of need.

Sometimes it does happen and you can improvise on the spot , but usually what's needed is to work the various applications against different attacks and from odd angles too , not just from the front.

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score

Well that particular application against that type of attack had been worked on a lot before , you can't expect to just do the forms and chi sau and expect that somehow by magic you will pull out the correct application from the form at the time of need.

Sometimes it does happen and you can improvise on the spot , but usually what's needed is to work the various applications against different attacks and from odd angles too , not just from the front.

ilhe4e12345

Green Belt
Reaction score
only thing that i used in a fight or self defense with wingchun was a few weeks ago. There was a man bothering a few of the people at my office in the smoking area. I was coming back from subway and saw this guy giving a few of the women a hard time so i walked over jsut to seewhat was up. One woman asked him to leave, he said no and kept getting closer. I asked him to leave, he yelled at me and swung. I stepped to the left, bugn sa and grabbed his wrist striking his face with a series of chain punches (i admit they were DEf not hard but enough to break his nose and knock him down) cops were called, he was arrested for assault. I ruined my samdwhich in the process :(

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
only thing that i used in a fight or self defense with wingchun was a few weeks ago. There was a man bothering a few of the people at my office in the smoking area. I was coming back from subway and saw this guy giving a few of the women a hard time so i walked over jsut to seewhat was up. One woman asked him to leave, he said no and kept getting closer. I asked him to leave, he yelled at me and swung. I stepped to the left, bugn sa and grabbed his wrist striking his face with a series of chain punches (i admit they were DEf not hard but enough to break his nose and knock him down) cops were called, he was arrested for assault. I ruined my samdwhich in the process :(
You ruined Your Sandwich over a quick exchange of fisticuffs?
Seriously?
I bet You wish You could go back and make different choices.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have used it twice. Yes, it worked well, as I was not injured. I think its odd to talk about details, since they really don't matter.

Latest Discussions