Ways to adapt heavy bags to hold weapons...

Kababayan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Has anyone had any success adapting a heavy bag or BoB to hold weapons? For practice...not to rob a bank. Thanks in advance.

OP
K

Kababayan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Pool noodle and duct tape.

Great idea, thank you. I think I could adapt pool noodles to hold weapons and allow for disarms. If is goes well, I'll post how I did it. Thanks again.

D

Deleted member 39746

Without knowing what he's doing or why he's doing it, how would you know?

For the few exercises i think could be done on it, it just seems too limited to bother to try and Jerry rig something up. and it would be inferior to training on a person. there might also be better methods out there for trying or pieces of equipment.

How ever that arm attachment to heavy bags has got me intrigued.

I will say this, if its weapons on weapons, get a fence post, stick it in the ground (if you have any ground) and fasten a weapon to it, to go through the motions of blocking with your weapon against that one. give me feed back as to how well that works if you try it. Just thought of it now.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
For the few exercises i think could be done on it, it just seems too limited to bother to try and Jerry rig something up. and it would be inferior to training on a person. there might also be better methods out there for trying or pieces of equipment.

I will say this, if its weapons on weapons, get a fence post, stick it in the ground (if you have any ground) and fasten a weapon to it, to go through the motions of blocking with your weapon against that one. give me feed back as to how well that works if you try it. Just thought of it now.

On what expertise are you basing this on?

How do you know he hasn't thought up exercises you haven't?

Maybe he's looking for something to do when a partner isn't available. Or maybe he wants to practice something without a partner until he can make sure he can do it without hurting his partner.

OP
K

Kababayan

Blue Belt
Reaction score

I love the idea of the fence post. I wonder what my neighbors will think if I have a stick-figure looking thing in my yard with a knife attached to it. That would be a great conversation piece.

OP
K

Kababayan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
On what expertise are you basing this on?

How do you know he hasn't thought up exercises you haven't?

Maybe he's looking for something to do when a partner isn't available. Or maybe he wants to practice something without a partner until he can make sure he can do it without hurting his partner.

You're absolutely right about all of this. I have four different training bags (heavy bag, V.Bob, double-ended bag, grappling dummy) for all of the reasons that you stated above.