Want to carry a sword..... move to Texas

FriedRice

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This is a silly statement if you stop and look a it. Of course "law abiding citizens" would not be carrying a gun illegally, as then they wouldn't be "law abiding citizens." What law abiding citizens would do is to apply for and get a permit to carry their firearm legally (pretty easy to do), thus maintaining their status as "law abiding citizens."

It's silly if you have OCD or such, but normal people would understand what I meant.

And no, it's not pretty easy to get a CCW in places such as Baltimore and all of Maryland. It's pretty much impossible unless you have political connections, etc.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Really? It's been a while since I've been back to the 'hood. Because cops used to stop and frisk in places where that's not even allowed. And they did a lot more than just stop & frisk ;) . It's only recently that they've been under severe scrutiny that they've curbed that down drastically, and look at how worse it is there now.

The law abiding citizen of the 'hood who's taking the bus to the suburbs to work, is not usually carrying a gun illegally during this time of commute to and from work.
People in low income areas are going to have concealed guns be it legal or illegal. It doesn't stop the shooting and people pretty much expect that most people are packing.
I'm just glad I don't live there anymore. I didn't carry a gun in public when I was living there. For me it didn't make me feel any safer. It made me stand out and it's always been my belief that it's better to fly under the radar than to draw attention.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
images

FriedRice

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
People in low income areas are going to have concealed guns be it legal or illegal. It doesn't stop the shooting and people pretty much expect that most people are packing.
I'm just glad I don't live there anymore. I didn't carry a gun in public when I was living there. For me it didn't make me feel any safer. It made me stand out and it's always been my belief that it's better to fly under the radar than to draw attention.

When I was in North Philly, this wasn't the case. Because when you carry illegally, you can be stopped & frisked by cops b/c you look suspicious, minor traffic violation, you look like someone they were looking for of your same skin color, or just your skin color, etc. True that certain people do carry illegally, but not the average person. Most law abiding citizens there, take public transportation into the suburbs for work everyday and this is when they need a gun the most.

Let's call it like it is....a law abiding Black guy from the 'hood is not going to carry an illegal gun for protection, into the tighty whitey suburbs to work at his job at Safeway. And this is when he's most likely to get targeted, as the bus ride home and the walk from the 'hood bus stop to his house, late at night, is when he's most vulnerable w/o a CCW .....especially on a Friday when he just cashed his check in the suburbs since there aren't any banks in the 'hood other than check cashing joints w/high fees.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This is a silly statement if you stop and look a it. Of course "law abiding citizens" would not be carrying a gun illegally, as then they wouldn't be "law abiding citizens." What law abiding citizens would do is to apply for and get a permit to carry their firearm legally (pretty easy to do), thus maintaining their status as "law abiding citizens."

I am of the opinion that we should all be law abiding citizens.

LawAbidingCitizen.jpg

pgsmith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
It's silly if you have OCD or such, but normal people would understand what I meant.

And no, it's not pretty easy to get a CCW in places such as Baltimore and all of Maryland. It's pretty much impossible unless you have political connections, etc.
Sorry, I am not going to simply believe someone that can't write properly without proof. So far all you've done is spout opinions, and you know what they say about opinions.... OCD you know ... :)

FriedRice

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sorry, I am not going to simply believe someone that can't write properly without proof. So far all you've done is spout opinions, and you know what they say about opinions.... OCD you know ... :)

You know you have OCD, just come clean with it.

Feitianwu

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Everyone has guns in Texas and they are looking for more chances to shoot people.

Its an open invitation, by all means, to bring a knife to a gun fight.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Most law abiding citizens there, take public transportation into the suburbs for work everyday and this is when they need a gun the most.
Most people who take the bus aren't in the same danger that they are in when they are at home in a toxic neighborhood. The number of times that someone has been shot while on the bus or train is considerably smaller than the number of times someone has been shot in their neighborhood while not in a bus or train.

I don't know the statistics, but I'm willing to bet that most gun shot incidents and violent don't occur during work hours.

a law abiding Black guy from the 'hood is not going to carry an illegal gun for protection, into the tighty whitey suburbs to work at his job at Safeway.
Most people don't carry guns into the "tighty whitey suburbs" simply because the danger and risk of encountering a violent crime is not the same as being in the inner city or "hood." These are 2 different environments with 2 different levels of risks and dangers. One only needs to walk into these 2 different environments to feel first hand how their anxiety levels change from one environment to another.

he's most likely to get targeted, as the bus ride home and the walk from the 'hood bus stop to his house, late at night,
This is true. Even though it's a small percentage of the population within a neighborhood that works those hours that would put them on the street late at night coming home from work.

Friday when he just cashed his check in the suburbs since there aren't any banks in the 'hood other than check cashing joints w/high fees.
While there are a small amount of banks in the hood. There are banks in the hood. Just like the groceries, they have to travel away from the center of the hood to get to one. At least in Baltimore that's how it was, and it's like that in Atlanta. The biggest difference between the suburbs and the inner city is that Grocery stores and banks are literally within 2 or 3 miles of each other and in some cases closer than that. But it's not going to be like that in some inner cities and rightfully so. To open up a business in high crime areas is a big risk and certain businesses aren't going to take that risk. There is also a question of real estate cost as well so it's not just one deciding factor. I don't know much about check cashing places these days I just know that most companies want to do direct deposit.

Where I live, I see mostly Hispanics using the check cashing services. I remember in my younger years I had a friend do use those services just because he thought that was a better way to get money. We educated him about how it's a rip off, and in the following month we took him to a bank to get a bank account. I think most people are like him. They just assume that the check cashing places are a better option vs not being able to get to a bank. Some people just don't know the truth about the cash checking joints.

These days it's if you can get to the Internet then you can open up a bank account right from your home via a smartphone or computer with an internet connection. There are usually community centers in the hood with Internet access. So these days their are ways to gain access to a bank without physically walking in.

FriedRice

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Most people who take the bus aren't in the same danger that they are in when they are at home in a toxic neighborhood. The number of times that someone has been shot while on the bus or train is considerably smaller than the number of times someone has been shot in their neighborhood while not in a bus or train.

I don't know the statistics, but I'm willing to bet that most gun shot incidents and violent don't occur during work hours.

Most people don't carry guns into the "tighty whitey suburbs" simply because the danger and risk of encountering a violent crime is not the same as being in the inner city or "hood." These are 2 different environments with 2 different levels of risks and dangers. One only needs to walk into these 2 different environments to feel first hand how their anxiety levels change from one environment to another.

I was saying that the trip to and from the bus stop/metro is when people are vulnerable. I didn't mean that they'd most likely to get shot on the bus or in the metro station, where both are full of other passengers, witnesses, security, cameras, etc. ...even though they could.

And if a law abiding citizen illegally carries a gun to protect themselves while walking to the bus/metro in order to safely get to work in the tighty whitey suburbs, then they'd have no choice but to bring their guns there also because where else would they store it....risking felony possession/carrying.....which goes back to my main argument that people in the 'hood need a liberal CCW program. Because payday Friday is when dudes are walking home with a pocket full of cash.

This is true. Even though it's a small percentage of the population within a neighborhood that works those hours that would put them on the street late at night coming home from work.

I don't think it's that small of a percentage. Because if they get off work at 6pm, it's still going to be around 8pm when they get home and 6-7pm is when the scumbags starts hanging outside more. In the fall, that's near dark and winter = full darkness. Then there are the many people who work restaurants that leave work at 11pm and later. Most of these people are not professionals, so it's rare that their hours will be 9-5.

Anyway cops would stop and check for weapons, a lot....pretty sure they weren't legal detainments neither. And this was during a time where you don't **** with cops, let alone shove a camera in their face....hell, that was when personal cameras were full sized VHS camcorders starting at $4k, haha. "They" had shitty guns too, and they were .22LR's mostly because there were no threats coming from the average citizens there. Sure, if the average 'hood citizen was being threatened or something, then they'd carry a weapon, even a gun....but it's still not all the time, EDC like many people with CCW's . After they feel that the threat has subsided, then they'd stop carrying that gun, b/c it's illegal and they don't want to risk charges....and they may also have had prior charges, which makes everything worse.

FriedRice

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Everyone has guns in Texas and they are looking for more chances to shoot people.

Its an open invitation, by all means, to bring a knife to a gun fight.

LOL, I don't think so though. I wonder if this would allow convicted felons to carry a knife openly since they aren't allow to own guns. Like someone who's a felon from say, tax evasion....paid this fines and served prison time = paid his dues to society; but now can't own a gun to protect himself and/or his family. But being able to strap on a giant Bowie knife while riding the bus, may be the solution for him. He's not bringing a knife to a gun fight, he's just saying: I've got a knife and we both may die.....so it's probably smarter to go after someone else....or nobody at all at this moment since he may intervene with said, Bowie knife.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I was saying that the trip to and from the bus stop/metro is when people are vulnerable. I didn't mean that they'd most likely to get shot on the bus or in the metro station, where both are full of other passengers, witnesses, security, cameras, etc. ...even though they could.

And if a law abiding citizen illegally carries a gun to protect themselves while walking to the bus/metro in order to safely get to work in the tighty whitey suburbs, then they'd have no choice but to bring their guns there also because where else would they store it....risking felony possession/carrying.....which goes back to my main argument that people in the 'hood need a liberal CCW program. Because payday Friday is when dudes are walking home with a pocket full of cash.

I don't think it's that small of a percentage. Because if they get off work at 6pm, it's still going to be around 8pm when they get home and 6-7pm is when the scumbags starts hanging outside more. In the fall, that's near dark and winter = full darkness. Then there are the many people who work restaurants that leave work at 11pm and later. Most of these people are not professionals, so it's rare that their hours will be 9-5.

Anyway cops would stop and check for weapons, a lot....pretty sure they weren't legal detainments neither. And this was during a time where you don't **** with cops, let alone shove a camera in their face....hell, that was when personal cameras were full sized VHS camcorders starting at $4k, haha. "They" had shitty guns too, and they were .22LR's mostly because there were no threats coming from the average citizens there. Sure, if the average 'hood citizen was being threatened or something, then they'd carry a weapon, even a gun....but it's still not all the time, EDC like many people with CCW's . After they feel that the threat has subsided, then they'd stop carrying that gun, b/c it's illegal and they don't want to risk charges....and they may also have had prior charges, which makes everything worse.
More conversations like this need to happen Nationally in the US. Alot of the inner city challenges get overlooked and lumped into one big assumption. Maybe one day.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

By the way Much Respect to you for not turning it into a left or right issue. I also agree with you about the return back to the hood.

Feitianwu

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Guns and knives benefit people who Assault others greatly. Victims are usually very soft targets who would never carry or use a weapon or engage in any type of violence. Guns and knives should all be banned in public places and streets, and should only be allowed to have in your home in case you need to overthrow your government or fight a foreign government at some point, as is a right in America. Other than that, fight it out with broomsticks and barstools.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Guns and knives benefit people who Assault others greatly. Victims are usually very soft targets who would never carry or use a weapon or engage in any type of violence. Guns and knives should all be banned in public places and streets, and should only be allowed to have in your home in case you need to overthrow your government or fight a foreign government at some point, as is a right in America. Other than that, fight it out with broomsticks and barstools.

Maurice-Moss-Eating-Popcorn-The-IT-Crowd.gif

Feitianwu

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Trolling, immature behavior, ignoring warnings, rudeness
I was the primary Firearms inspector for the largest Firearms retailer in in America in a state with the most laxed gun laws in America. 90% of them didn't know what they were doing, especially the guys who really thought they were gun experts ironically. I had guns pointed at me all day long, people pointing them at passing by customers, infants in shopping carts in strollers even, aimed right at their heads.

Countless people swearing they're unloaded only to find one in the chamber or a full clip even. Safetys off.

I see big tough guys with sweaty palms shaking as they open their chambers in the direction of customers, 50% of them don't even follow instructions at all.

Everyone thinks they can handle firearms but the truth is you can't, and you are an idiot, and you shouldn't have a gun.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Admin's Note:

Some of y'all simply didn't understand the blunt warnings that we've placed in the threads in which you had been dumping trash. Warning points are being issued, and more are going to be dumped on you at a very high rate if you keep on dumping trash.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Admin's Note:

Some of y'all simply didn't understand the blunt warnings that we've placed in the threads in which you had been dumping trash. Warning points are being issued, and more are going to be dumped on you at a very high rate if you keep on dumping trash.

Is there a handy guide to warning points anywhere?

If not, a few questions...

How do you know if you get warning points?
How many points to win a prize?
Is there a list of prizes?

Thinking they must be good, the apparent effort some go to to collect them...

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You'll see on your profile page, if you have any warnings / warning points.

As to how many points are required, well, it's simply a matter of this:

We try to give people opportunities to better themselves, and for the most part, people who break the rules tend to learn to follow them in the long run.

You really have to "earn" a lot of points in a short time period in order to get banned, especially since warning points do have an expiration on them in most cases.

Short of spamming, threatening to kill someone (or cause harm), etc., it takes repeated insolence, bad behavior, etc., in order to get that far.

Latest Discussions