Wall Bag ?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Talking with the teacher today and it has been suggested I get a wall bag, and fill it with sand.

I've been looking and there are a lot of different wall bags out there. The closest I can come to what was recommended is this one

Wall Bag

51GYu3kzK4L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

can anyone recommend a wall bag?

and at what height should it be mounted? Shoulder height?

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wing Chun Wall Bags and Striking Bags - Ving Tsun, Wing Tsun - Wallbags
Place it as high as you need it to be for the center of the striking point being the height of your jaw when you are standing in YJKYM.
I recommend rice over sand or dried beans for beginners then rice. Sand is too dense for punching hard. If you are going for palm training then sand is good.

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
Mung beans are a good filler as well. They are supposed to be a therapeutic as well.
But I would definitely stay away from sand as it picks up moisture it hardens and you're pretty much hitting concrete.

And while on the subject of concrete make sure you hang your bag on some sort of wooden frame and not directly on to brick or concrete because it's too hard on the joints.

Build a wooden frame of 2 x 4s attached to the wall with a piece of plywood over that that has some give to it then the bag hanging in middle of frame over plywood.

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Talking with the teacher today and it has been suggested I get a wall bag, and fill it with sand.

I've been looking and there are a lot of different wall bags out there. The closest I can come to what was recommended is this one

Wall Bag

51GYu3kzK4L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

can anyone recommend a wall bag?

and at what height should it be mounted? Shoulder height?

Www.everythingwingchun.com has a good selection.
As for height...I agree with what Danny said.
Just make sure you are driving the punch (elbow) and not leading the punch (wrist).
Oh, and mung beans or rice if you are just getting back into wall bag training after a considerable break!
Good luck! And let us know how its going!