Video of the Alphabet Techs A - Z

Gentle Fist

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Found this while browsing the other day... Is this a pretty good representation of the Kajukenbo Alphabet Techs?

http://www.lifedancestudio.info/tec/abc.html

From my understanding the alphabets aren't taught until the brown belt and black belt level, right? Tell me what you guys think...

kirks

White Belt
Reaction score
Found this while browsing the other day... Is this a pretty good representation of the Kajukenbo Alphabet Techs?

http://www.lifedancestudio.info/tec/abc.html

From my understanding the alphabets aren't taught until the brown belt and black belt level, right? Tell me what you guys think...

Thanks for posting this...Some systems of kaju teach the Alphabets alot earlier than brown belt

OP
Gentle Fist

Gentle Fist

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I wish there was a way to pause and rewind the video feed... :erg:

Haakon

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Cool stuff, thanks for posting that. I haven't ever trained in Kajukenbo, but it looks like a great art.

I wish there was a way to pause and rewind the video feed... :erg:

Download the video then you can pause/rewind/resize however you like, and save it to view later in case the page is removed.

Yondanchris

Master Black Belt
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, I have been looking for this video for a while...my instructor showed it to me a while back and was never able to find it again!

Chris

OP
Gentle Fist

Gentle Fist

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Cool stuff, thanks for posting that. I haven't ever trained in Kajukenbo, but it looks like a great art.

Download the video then you can pause/rewind/resize however you like, and save it to view later in case the page is removed.

I have an apple, what program can I use to rip it or view it later? Sorry I am a knuckle dragger...

Haakon

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I used Firefox and the DownloadHelper extension on Windows to download it. Both are free and have Mac versions so that might work for you, sorry I don't have a Mac to verify that or know if there's a better way to do it.

John Bishop

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The "Emperado's Advanced Alphabet Techniques" are taught starting at the green belt level in the "Original Method". And there are different versions that were not created by Sijo Emperado.
The first 8 alphabets are shown in the "WKO" Kajukenbo 8 dvd set that was produced by Sijo Emperado and GM Gary Forbach in 1992. Around 2004, GM Mitch Powell produced a training dvd showing all 26 alphabet techniques.

OP
Gentle Fist

Gentle Fist

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The WKO 8 DVD Series is great! It is one of the better martial arts video series ever done IMO.

Latest Discussions