Video Clips of Mr. Oyata

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ppko why whould you think posting the link to these clips would start a flame war?

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Where do you find this stuff? I never find anything cool like that.

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
dubljay said:
Where do you find this stuff? I never find anything cool like that.
All these people are members of Mr. Oyata's Assoc.
There is a list here:
http://www.kushu.com/dojos.htm

The Polish Website I posted has a former alternate for the Polish Olympic Judo Team as the uke for Mr. Oyata.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Some of this stuff is truly remarkable. Mr. Rousellot, you have been honored beyond belief to be able to train with Mr. Oyata.

:asian:

Thanks for sharing and thanks for bringing your experience to the board.

upnorthkyosa

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
upnorthkyosa said:
Some of this stuff is truly remarkable. Mr. Rousellot, you have been honored beyond belief to be able to train with Mr. Oyata.

:asian:

Thanks for sharing and thanks for bringing your experience to the board.

upnorthkyosa
Thanks. I do like what he teaches.
However, the mpegs only show a fraction of what he teaches and you will hardly ever see his “good secret stuff” ;) on mpeg or video.

F

Fbettincourt

I have seen videos of Mr Oyata KOing people. I think that they were produced in 1985.

peace!

FB

F

Fbettincourt

I don't think so. I had them on video. I have moved several times, I will see if I can track the tape down and post the name of the video.

FB

F

Fbettincourt

I found the tape that I was thinking about. It has been on my mind for days. My father had a vast collection of books and tapes. Luckily my mother had not disposed of them.

The video appears to have been taken in 1982 or so, that is what the label says. Not great quality, but the information looks interesting. Mr. Oyata is wearing what looks like a gold belt. His attackers are attacking less than 50% speed, while Mr Oyata appears to be attacking quickly and hard. I know that this statement will cause some uproar by you know who, but it directly contrasts earlier threads and posts by him. I am going to see if I can have the tape transferred to a media that will not only preserve it, but allow me to upload some tech's for people to see. Mr. Oyata is definately a master at what he does, but make no mistake, he pulls no punches while his attacker appears to.

Peace!

FB

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
circa 1967 after winning a Full Contact Bogu tournament if I am not mistaken
trophy.jpg

WOW! A gold belt! I think it only has a gold stripe actaully.

This has been pretty much the "official unifom" since the mid 1990's.

Hakama2.jpg

BlackCatBonz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
i dont understand the big deal about what belt the man wore......it doesnt make a hill o' beans difference to his martial arts.
sounds like a bunch of sour grapes to me......someone just wants to prove another someone wrong.

TaiChiTJ

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for these clips. My tai chi chuan and self defense teacher, Willie Lim studied Oyata's stuff for awhile, went to a few of his camps, and he says he is one of the best Karate men in the states. He has a few old videos of him but I think he would really appreciate seeing these so I will email him the link.

Thanks Again.

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
BlackCatBonz said:
i dont understand the big deal about what belt the man wore......it doesnt make a hill o' beans difference to his martial arts.
sounds like a bunch of sour grapes to me......someone just wants to prove another someone wrong.
I don't understand it either. I mentioned in some other thread about a month ago that in Mr. Oyata’s Assoc. we all wear the same colored belt now and have done so for some time. Then one particular person got his panties in a wad and said “I saw him wear a gold belt, I saw him wear a gold belt, I saw him wear a gold belt”……B.F.D. :rolleyes: The simple fact is I never said he didn’t wear one. You might notice that same troll has hardly ever posted anywhere else on MT except where I post and his posts usually have nothing to do with the topic at hand and when he by chance posts on topic it always has some sort of meager attempt to discredit me or say how sorry they feel for me….. :rolleyes: .

Latest Discussions