Victim Fights Back, Gets Lucky...

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good and bad here...

http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/victim-beats-up-gunman-1398410.html

Victim beats up gunman during DeKalb robbery attempt
A would-be robbery victim turned the tables on his alleged attacker overnight, beating up the gunman who tried to rob him at a MARTA bus stop in DeKalb County.
When the suspect looked into the bag, which only contained textbooks, the victim began beating the suspected robber, according to Channel 2.
“The suspect was able to get away and get into his vehicle, at which time he fired several shots at the victim, and got into his vehicle tried to run him over,” Johnson said.

The suspect, whose name has not been released, crashed the Jeep into a tree trying to get away.

In the end, yay. But note that the bad guy had a gun in his Jeep (apparently not on him) and when beaten up by the victim, he jumped back in his vehicle and fired shots at the victim. Supposing he had killed the victim? Not so happy an ending then. Over some books?

Anyway, it ended well. Good guy lives, bad guy arrested.

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think its a good outcome. Plus, He wasnt armed during the Robbery it seems. This is, however, why Id try not to enter pursuit of a Robber, unless I was actually gaining on Him.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
The surprised look on the badguys face when he realized he wasn't going to get a bag containing a computer, but instead books. I wonder if he would've done anything to the guy, upon realizing it was nothing of value.

Yeah, the guy probably should've just tossed the bag and took off running. Glad to see the victim didn't get hurt and the badguy was caught.

Latest Discussions