Vaccine Nation - A documentary on the danger of vaccines

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Regarding Alan Yurko, who is portrayed in the movie as an innocent victim, something didn't sit right with me when I watched this. Why the hell would this guy be locked up for life if there was no witnesses to the crime and the evidence was circumstantial?

There's more the story.

The dudes a Class A scumbag. He's got a list of priors and has been in and out of prison multiple times...including for violent offenses. Does this mean he killed his son and that he isn't innocent until proven guilty? No, but it does give a person some justification as to why the sentence was so harsh.

Xinglu

Black Belt
Reaction score
Theres money behind every politically charged scientific issue.

Not just the political ones... medicine in general is all about the money now. There is no conspiracy, just greed. The only agenda is to get rich, and they don't hide it... so there is no hidden agenda that could be construed are a conspiracy.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
See ... I am ALL FOR *SAFE* vaccination. But there are elements of immunity we don't yet understand.

One thing we've understood since the first days of variolation is the manifold advantages of vaccination.

[/quote]even if the vaccine manufacturer DID testify in front of congress that they cannot say with certainty that vaccines don't cause autism.
[/quote]

The manufacturer can't say with certainty that vaccines don't cause Spontaneous Human Combustion, but they can say it to the same scientific standard of statistical confidence--autism isn't caused by vaccination, nor does vaccination appear to even influence it. In addition to the lack of supporting data, there's also a lack of a theoretical mechanism by which it would work (unless one accepts that certain substances are acting on the body at homeopathic levels and causing changes). It can certainly happen that a person has a negative reaction and even a serious effect from a vaccine, but they aren't causing autism.

I believe that this a correlation-based fallacy: Autism often clearly emerges at roughly the same time as certain vaccines are given. The vaccines can make the child feel unwell for a day or so. Later, symptoms of autism are seen. It followed, therefore it was caused by.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
One thing we've understood since the first days of variolation is the manifold advantages of vaccination.

even if the vaccine manufacturer DID testify in front of congress that they cannot say with certainty that vaccines don't cause autism.
The manufacturer can't say with certainty that vaccines don't cause Spontaneous Human Combustion, but they can say it to the same scientific standard of statistical confidence--autism isn't caused by vaccination, nor does vaccination appear to even influence it. In addition to the lack of supporting data, there's also a lack of a theoretical mechanism by which it would work (unless one accepts that certain substances are acting on the body at homeopathic levels and causing changes). It can certainly happen that a person has a negative reaction and even a serious effect from a vaccine, but they aren't causing autism.

I believe that this a correlation-based fallacy: Autism often clearly emerges at roughly the same time as certain vaccines are given. The vaccines can make the child feel unwell for a day or so. Later, symptoms of autism are seen. It followed, therefore it was caused by.

First, not all autism is Sudden Onset Autism and not all SO Autism occurs at the same time after the same shot. Please read again - my son was damaged after his DTaP vaccines at 2 months and 4 months. Not from the MMR at 16 months.

As to possible causation (caveat: I don't think vaccinations are the sole cause of autism, but the point is that they CAN do damage) - I know it's lame to quote yourself, but ...

If you vomit and get diarrhea immediately after consuming dairy products you're likely intolerant of or allergic to dairy - that or it could be a bad batch or maybe you've reached your lifetime dairy quotient.

Not a controlled, double-blind study conducted by independent researchers with no stake in the dairy industry, but a damn fine guess.

Let's look at it this way. You're a grown man. If you went to the doctor's office to get a tetanus shot, sat down, rolled up the sleeve, felt the needle go in and the next thing you know, you wake up on a respirator with your wife staring at you with tears running down her cheeks, you're burning up, everything sounds like it's either too far away or too close to be understood, you see everything in bubble-vision and you can't stand the feel of the socks on your feet or the ants on your skin (are there ants there?) and you can't keep focus even for two seconds, your pulse echoes in your head until you feel like you're going to go insane, and it keeps happening day after day after day ....

What exactly would you think?

Now ... let's say you recover, go home and feel a little weak and like you just can't shake off the whole experience when you find out you have to go back to the doctor for another shot. So you go, get the shot and guess what? Same thing happens again.

What exactly would you think then?

I think if people apply the experience to themselves as adults, perspective can shift a bit. Or, perhaps not.

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
And let's just say it one more time, since no one wants to acknowledge this either ...

The vaccine companies testified before congress that they could not definitively state that vaccines do not cause "autism."

The vaccine companies said it.

Wasn't the main proponent of the mercury link proven to be a paid shill who faked evidence?

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wasn't the main proponent of the mercury link proven to be a paid shill who faked evidence?

Andrew Wakefield fudged data. So have others. And it's interesting because one good point in this movie indicates that if an infant already has high levels of mercury and then gets a small dose, this is far more damaging to that child than it is to an infant with low levels of mercury.

But that doesn't matter either.