Uhh.. Lobster anyone? Maybe?

fireman00

Brown Belt
Reaction score
my folks (aunts/ uncles/ cousins) live just east of Bucksport; we go up every summer for a get together... 2 big steamers; going one with clams the second with "chickens" (1 1/4 lb lobsters) and a lot of clarified butter, Texas Pete's Louisianna Hot Sauce, cold Labatts and napkins. mmmmmm....

As far as the pic - I'm voting for someone dipping 1/2 of it in hot water.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
my folks (aunts/ uncles/ cousins) live just east of Bucksport; we go up every summer for a get together... 2 big steamers; going one with clams the second with "chickens" (1 1/4 lb lobsters) and a lot of clarified butter, Texas Pete's Louisianna Hot Sauce, cold Labatts and napkins. mmmmmm....

As far as the pic - I'm voting for someone dipping 1/2 of it in hot water.

Hey Caver, did you read this one??? ROAD TRIP!!!!!

fireman00

Brown Belt
Reaction score
1st week of August - just look for the crowd standing around the steamers with plates in one hand and blue in the other. :)

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
I had crawfish for the first time last week!!! Very good, but they don't beat scallops! I love scallops! Enough of talking about food! I missed lunch, and now I'm off to find something good to eat!

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
I had crawfish for the first time last week!!! Very good, but they don't beat scallops! I love scallops! Enough of talking about food! I missed lunch, and now I'm off to find something good to eat!

Man, I just love those tasty little suckers :) Our local New Orleans cuisine store shut down over a year ago, but I still daydream about their crawdad dishes :)

out of curiosity, I find it odd that some places call them crawfish, some crawdads... interesting:) kinda like livermush and scrapple :)

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the links..I'm in NE Ohio and I NEVER heard of either until today..
It is kind of regional... I grew up with the stuff! Still eat it once in a while. Quite tasty!

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
I never had scrapple (what I know it as). Actually, I never heard of it at all until I started working at a grocery store several years ago. Livermush just sounds discusting- more so than scrapple. I keep wanting to say scrabble, and so I think of the game. What a sheltered life I had!

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Man, I just love those tasty little suckers :) Our local New Orleans cuisine store shut down over a year ago, but I still daydream about their crawdad dishes :)

out of curiosity, I find it odd that some places call them crawfish, some crawdads... interesting:) kinda like livermush and scrapple :)

You guys have talking about all this great seafood for all this time and I forgot about this thread—could kick myself now, imagining all the great fantasy meals I could have had while reading your incoming posts! :wink1:

Crawdad, crawfish, crayfish... whatever you call'em, they're good beyond description. They have a lovely sweet flavor that most North American shrimp don't... great with a nice Reisling or good hoppy bitter-style ale... sigh... I wonder if I can persuade my family to out for seafood tonight... not a chance, alas! :waah:

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh man, I'm gonna have to go to Red Lobster or Joe's Crab Shack here really soon .... :ultracool

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh man, I'm gonna have to go to Red Lobster or Joe's Crab Shack here really soon .... :ultracool

You get to go there? I never get to go—and they have terrific crawfish etouffe at Joe's here... you're really going?

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
How was the road trip and the party? :uhyeah:

Latest Discussions