Ufologists - Stark Raving Moonbats?

You fool! There are no alien abductions, only false flag operations by the government.

You FOOL!!

Now the men in Black will be at your door

DAMN!!! I should not have said that… now they’ll be at mine too….must put on Groucho glasses and hide in my secret layer in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying "Beware of The Leopard

They've already been, had a look around, decided that "There's no intelligent life down there", and have gone on their merry way.

Personally, I think it's an interesting reflection on our egos to think that any race capable of the interstellar transport technology required to visit other star systems would be at all interested in us to begin with... never-mind that their go-to tests would involve abducting rednecks in pickup trucks and anally probing them.

UFOs definitely exist.

There have been many things flying that nobody knows what they are, at least when first observed. The stealth bomber, the stealth fighter, even the SR71 come to mind...

I'm sure there are other things, too, that are "UFOs" but actually have a perfectly reasonable, non-extraterrestrian/non-hollow earth/non-whatever explanation.

Have some sort of alien/extraterrestrial/whatever visited? I think it's highly unlikely -- but not impossible. I do believe that there probably is/was/will be non-Terran life. But there is so much to overcome for an alien race to visit Earth that it's highly, nigh on impossibly, unlikely.

Dunno, I think it's against the laws of probability to assume we are the only ones.
Or the first
And with our past track record of conquest, I think it's safe to assume that there will no benevolence found....
(Or in return we probably should not expect any)

I never said it was a rational fear. Only that it was one. :mst:

You fool! There are no alien abductions, only false flag operations by the government.

That's what area 51 is really about, bro!

Actually, I'm very skeptical of this whole topic. I think Intelligent Life exists somewhere else in our universe, but it's really hard to believe the cranks who are telling stories. Stephen Hawking said it best, "If aliens have visited us, why would they only have appeared to cranks and weirdos and not credible witnesses?"

Some of the responses from various people have surprised me. Yours didn't, Don, LOL!

That's what area 51 is really about, bro!

Actually, I'm very skeptical of this whole topic. I think Intelligent Life exists somewhere else in our universe, but it's really hard to believe the cranks who are telling stories. Stephen Hawking said it best, "If aliens have visited us, why would they only have appeared to cranks and weirdos and not credible witnesses?"

Some of the responses from various people have surprised me. Yours didn't, Don, LOL!

That is of course assuming Intelligent Life from somewhere else in our universe looks at us as Intelligent :D

That is of course assuming Intelligent Life from somewhere else in our universe looks at us as Intelligent :D

No kidding. I wonder if ET just sits back and watches to see if we'll destroy ourselves.

No kidding. I wonder if ET just sits back and watches to see if we'll destroy ourselves.

That or they look at us with all the affection of a little white lab mouse and intentionally take the less credible ones so the more credible ones will not believe them so they can keep testing :D

I just read the Book, Anethem by Neal Stephensen. His only explanation for the possibility of space travel is to do it interdimensionaly. Its a cool book. It gets a little sciency.
Sean

Leaving the universe for a short jaunt across its nether regions counts as breaking the known laws of physics. :p

What about the unknown laws of physics ;)
Who says we know all the laws of physics, what if, for instance, there is a codicil that says "Faster than light travel is not possible UNLESS you carry three bananas and a walnut?"

I think it is kinda arrogant to think we are the only intellegent life in the universe or even that we are the most advanced. I believe it is entirely possible that we have been visited by extra-terrestial life. However, I also think most of these ufologist are indeed "moonbats." Thier focus seems to be extreme, especially given the lack of solid evidence. Seems there are much more important issues going on in this world that need attention than little green visitors with a red neck fetish.

Just wait.... you ALL just wait... don't come crying to me when an impossibly huge yellow somethings is seen hanging in the air in much the same way that bricks don't

Who says we know all the laws of physics, what if, for instance, there is a codicil that says "Faster than light travel is not possible UNLESS you carry three bananas and a walnut?"

True... but whatever you do...Don't forget your towel... and I heard it was 2.5 bananas and an Almond :D

And don't forget "God does not play dice" was Albert Einstein's reply to the Uncertainty Principle

60 years ago they thought Alfred Wegener was nuts…. Today he is a genius

As much as we do not want to admit it…we don’t know everything...and furthermore...some of the things we do know...may not be 100% correct.

I thought this thread was going to be about Paul Krugman calling for an alien invasion to help stimulate the world economy.

Latest Discussions

Back